could it be cushings

Hi im 39 years old and have been suffering for the last 8 years with fatigue,hair loss,excessive weight gain ,flushing of my face , and now my fatigue is getting worse to a point of exahustion and muscle weakness to extreme i am not able to do every day tasks i have the hump between my shouldres .. i have had my thyroid checked and they say it is normal.. How would i approach my doctor to check for cushings help falling apart ..

Hi again springfever,

I know it's so hard to fight this when you are so exhausted but somehow you need to find the strength to get tested and treated for whatever this is (Cushings or not). You will be so happy you did, although I do understand that the first steps to doing this will probably be the hardest.

Will you let us know what you decide? Is there someone who can go with you to your appointment for moral support?

I look forward to hearing more from you-

thank you for responding, my health is to important, i have to fight it is just hard is all.

(reply to springfever1971)

I DO KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. Sometimes I had to just lie on the couch even though I was awake. I felt like my problems were so severe and so mixed together that there wasn't even a tiny crack where I could start chipping away at them. THIS IS CUSHINGS because of your "buffalo hump", round shape, and fatigue. My son said "you've been sick my whole life." GET THE MONEY SOMEHOW AND GET TO A GOOD ENDOCRINOLOGIST. Borrow it or sell something. In 2 years you will be able to pay it back. PLEASE do this now. Most doctors have only read about cushings in books. My doctor said I would have died in 3 years.

I HAVE HAD CUSHING'S. GET CHECKED IMMEDIATELY BY A GOOD ENDOCRINOLOGIST. Most doctors have never even seen a case of Cushing's. I went to many highly trained doctors - NOT ONE recognized the symptoms and I nearly died. It can be treated! You can feel better! It is long and hard however. Please go to the best endocrinologist you can find as fast as you can. Pay cash if you have to (I did). It beats dying.

Thank you i was just very discuraged is all and just plain tired. I talked to my doctor and i feel alone i don't think she understands how my life is really affected, my daughter just the other day said mom you are always tired and that's just not me, doing things like dishes and just everyday things wear me out beyond normal tiredness,i do have a lot more symptoms i just did not want to go into great detail so many to list. Weight gain of the upper body and trunk
Face shaped like a moon , Purple stretch marks
Easy bruising , Menstrual disorders, especially infrequent or absent periods, High blood pressure , Water retention or swelling, borderline diabetes , Low back pain , mood swings, cortisol a lot of belly is where most of my weight is the rest of me is little except for a very large neck.. I thank you for your advice and give it one more shot with my doctor it's just hard to get the medical advice given my insurance is limited and feeling there is no hope of ever feeling better and getting worse i am still young to feel very old thank you take care .

Thank you so much for you question and for finding EmpowHER.
I'm sorry so much of your life this past decade has been dealing with these symptoms, it sounds like you've been through the ringer.

Cushings Disease certainly has some of the symptoms you're talking about. Symptoms are:

■Weight gain of the upper body and trunk
■Face shaped like a moon
■Skin changes:
◦Darkening of the skin
◦Purple stretch marks
◦Easy bruising
■Excess hair growth or acne in women
■Menstrual disorders, especially infrequent or absent periods
■Diminished fertility and libido
■High blood pressure
■Water retention or swelling
■High blood sugar or diabetes
■Tiredness or fatigue
■Personality changes or mood swings
■Muscle weakness
■Osteoporosis or brittle bones
■Skeletal growth retardation in children
■Increased thirst
■Frequent urination
■Low back pain

You can read a lot more about Cushing's (as well as diagnosis and treatment) here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/cushings-disease

As you can see, some of your symptoms are off in terms of being typical in Cushings (hair loss for you rather than gain) but symptoms vary and aren't the same in all people.

You may also have an auto-immune condition or something else - it's just too hard to tell.

What's really important, Anon, is that you do see a medical professional and have a thorough evaluation. Your symptoms are far too painful to be ignored. I think you should also be checked for osteoporosis.

You can approach your doctor by telling him clearly what your symptoms are and the level of your pain and fatigue (which sound very high). If he/she doesn't feel you need to make an appointment, seriously move on to someone. You really should see a doctor, Anon. Will you make an appointment soon and let us know how it goes?

Please stay in touch,

Adrenal Cancer

Adrenal Cancer Guide