Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi. I took ECP last August 17 at 8pm and the second dose on aug 18 at 8am. Then on august 30 I had heavy bleeding and i think it was my withdrawal bleeding. It ended on sept 2. On sept 4 I had unprotected sex and i am not really sure if my boyfriend cum inside me. Could I get pregnant? Or should i just take another set of ECP? Pls help. Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Do not take another dose of an emergency contraceptive. You should never take more than one dose in a 30 day time period.

The heavy bleeding proved the pill worked to prevent pregnancy.

An ECP prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. Depending on where you were in your menstrual cycle on August 17 and 18, you may still have been protected on September 4.

If your next period is late by more than seven days, or you miss it, test for pregnancy and call your gynecologist.

Regards,

Hi! I've stopped drink my bcp mid pack then had unprotected sex with my partner after 3 days i stopped drinkin my bcp i had a withdrawal bleeding lasted 3 days. Will i ever got a chance to get pregnant and how long will it takes to see the accurate result on home pregnancy test? Thank you

HERWriter Guide (reply to J h j gs jd)

Hello and thanks for your post!

Withdrawal bleeding after stopping birth control is normal and expected. You can now get pregnant but how long that takes is not something we can say. You can test for pregnancy about 2-3 week after sex if your period doesn't come beforehand.

But is there any highly possibility of getting pregnant? We want to have a baby but that was the last time we've been together because of our hectic schedules. Our last intercore aug 19 and 20.

HERWriter Guide (reply to J h j gs jd)

Hi again!

We cannot tell a woman what her personal chances are. That depends on when she has sex and her fertility and that of her partners. Pregnancy takes patience.

What I can say is that a healthy couple have about a 15-20% chance of pregnancy every month.

Okay thank you so much

Anonymous

Hi. I had my withdrawal bleeding last July 16 (heavy flow with clots) But now I am worried because it's my 5th day of being delayed from my expected period for this month. I am so worried. Is this just a side effects from ecp? Im experiencing abnominal pain, mild cramps sometimes and a white discharge.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

A delay in the start of the next menstrual period is a side effect of ECP. If you do not start your period in the next two or three days, please contact your gynecologist.

Anonymous

Hi,

I took ECP the week before my expected menstrual period. That was last week. I've been bleeding for 4 days now this week. It's my first time doing this so I'm not sure of how withdrawal period looks like. Is it possible that withdrawal period and actual menstruation can happen at the same time? I'm super regular with my menstruation so I know that I'm supposed to get it this week. Also, if this is my actual menstruation, do I still wait for my withdrawal period? Should I still be worried if something is possibly baking in the oven?