Q: 

Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello! It has been one month since I had my withdrawal bleeding yet, I still don't have my period. I tested for pregnancy yet I got three negative results, is it normal? Am I safe?

Anonymous

Hi, I'm on the Yasmin pill and about 4 weeks ago had unprotected sex. He didn't ejaculate or wasnt even close to it. I came off my pill halfway through last week and 2 days later got a withdrawal bleed which lasted about 4 days heavily. I also did a pregnancy test yesterday while still having my bleed and it came out negative. Does this mean I'm not pregnant? I feel like I'm being stupid asking but my mind keeps telling myself that I could be and it's driving me crazy!

Anonymous

Hi, I had unprotected sex on April 25 and took ecp on May 1. I had bleeding for 2days. It was brownish red and lighter than menstruation. Does this mean I'm not pregnant? Thanks.

Hello Anon

You can take this bleeding as a good sign it worked but your next period will be confirmation - or a pregnancy test that can be taken 14 days after sex.

Anonymous

Hello, I had a 'spur of the moment' thing with my bf day after I came off my period. He didn't ejaculate and was no-where near ejaculating. I took the morning after pill the next day April 18th) because I wanted to be better safe that sorry. 5 days later I had bleeding which was red-brown and lasted 6 days (starting April 22 and finishing completely by April 27th). It is now May and I am a day late (if I predicted it right as I am usually regular). Does this mean the bleeding was caused by the pill? Could I be pregnant? Should I count that bleeding as my period for May?

Thank you very much

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding was caused by taking the pill.
Emergency contraceptives cause changes in the menstrual cycle. So, your next period can start earlier or later than expected and flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

Regards,

Anonymous

My last period was march 4 but I have unprotected sex wid my bf last march 2 then after 3day i take ecp after 6day I got my widrawal bleeding and it was heavy like a normal period but until now I still don't have a period but I take a test dis week for 2 times and its negative is there any chance that I'm going to be pregnant ??

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. The bleeding after taking the pill was proof that it worked and you did not become pregnant.

An ECP will causes changes in the menstrual cycle. It can cause your next monthly period to start later than expected.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi. So my boyfriend and I had sex at April 22 in the midnight then at 4 am i took 1 pill of bcp. Then after 1 hr i took 1 again then 2 more after 1 hr. In total i took 4 pills, after 12 hrs i took another then after 12 hrs again i took another 4 pills.

Does that affect the effectivity of the ECP. When should i expect withdrawal bleeding?

Hello Anon

Are you taking ECP or regular birth control pills?

We cannot predict when a person will bleed,