Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

hey, me and my gf had sex on 9th of July and we she took ECP (Levonorgestrel 0.75mg )two tables with 12 hours gap for being safe, so on 15th July she begin having brown fluid and some times heavy bleeding at night. We are really worried because bleeding is more like fresh blood. Its been 4 days shes bleeding at night and brown spotting in day time. When will it stop?
Her last period started at 30th June and lasted till 7th July.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your girlfriend should contact her gynecologist. She took the ECP just two days after finishing her monthly period. It appears a hormonal imbalance occurred and she needs to speak with her physician.

Anonymous

Hi. Good day. We did the deed last june 29. Then my gf took nordette 2 days after the deed. 4pills for the 1st dose and another 4pills for the 2nd. She had her bleeding on june 9-14. She should have her period a few days ago but she still doesnt have her period today, july 18. Is there still a possibilty she'll get pregnant even though she had her bleeding for 5 days last month??? Pls help. Thanks so much.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Bleeding for five days after taking Nordette confirms she did not become pregnant. The delay in her period this month is a side effect of taking the pills. If she has any further concerns, I suggest she speak with her gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi i already had my withdrawal bleeding. I'm still waiting for my next period. Are you guys really positive that I'm not pregnant? My nipples are painful and i'm having acne breakouts. I don't know if this is a sign of implantation bleeding or PMS.

Nobody can tell anyone 100% over the internet that they are or are not anything, including pregnancy.

A pregnancy test will let you know if you are pregnant or not.

Anonymous

Hi! My boyfriend and I had an unprotected sex (his condom broke and it was too late when we found out) and after an hour, I drank nordette. Now after a week, I'm bleeding heavily and it feels like it is my period already. Is this withdrawal bleeding or my period already? Help :(

You can consider this your period - you are not pregnant. You can possibly expect your next period to be a week early or late as a side effect of taking emergency contraception.

I took nordette last june 27 because of unprotected sex. But I also had another unprotected sex last july 8 but the WB came the next
Days and it was just very light and spottings. My period should be tomorrow(July 11) but I am worried that it won't come because I took nordette and i heard that it would confuse your menstrual cycle. I took PT today and came up negative. Do I have to take another batch of nordette so i can be sure that I won't get pregnant? Or is the WB enough to prove that im not pregnant?

Guide (reply to keiong13)

Hello keiong13,

The withdrawal bleeding showed the pill worked and you did not become pregnant.

Do not take any more.

A delay in your next period is a side effect of the pill. If you have further concerns, please speak with your doctor. I urge you to speak to your gynecologist to help you choose a regular type of birth control.