Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

hello
we had sex on jan 4 her last mens in 28 were on the 8th day and I let her take pill on the jan 6
i used withdrawal method and I didnt ejaculated inside Im just worried I might slip some
she have withdrawal bleeding on jan 12 up until now shes usually she have a long period means were far from ovulating and withdrawal bleed shed your endometrium and I know it wouldnt do that if your pregnant to protect the egg
im sure were safe now just waiting for her normal period to come near end of the month just need some opinion

HERWriter Guide (reply to iperlas24)

Hello iperlas24

We have helped you multiple times on this topic, I'm not sure what more we can do. There is no risk of pregnancy. You need to wait it out like all people have to.

Im sorry :D

I just wanna be sure as much as I can since this is the first time this happened to me so paranoid cant be avoided
thanks again
and again im sorry haha :D

Anonymous

Pleasant make clear my next period should come 28 days after withdrAl bleeding or normally 28 days after my last actual period?? My cycle is 28 days

Hello Anon

It can be either/or - it depends on how the body reacts. You'll have to wait it out.

Anonymous

Hey!
My last period was from 13th Dec to 17th Dec. I had unprotected sex on 21st Dec. I took Levonoregestral ECP 4 hours after sex. I had severe headache and sick feeling after taking ECP. I started bleeding after 6 days. It was lighter on first day. Became heavy for next 2 days and ended as spotting on 4th day. Does this bleeding mean I'm not pregnant??? When should I expect my next period??

Hello Anon

That bleeding should signify you're not pregnant. Your next period could be a month from then. EC can make the next period early or late.

Hi I am 52 years old. My periods stopped 10 years ago. Last month I had deed with my husband and he pulled off before ejaculation and probably before pre cum as well. I was worried I took Ecp next day. After 7 days I had period like feeling and I bled for 2 days and spotting on 3rd day. Its been 1 month now I bloated for a day or two. I am feeling warmer and my mood swings are disturbing me. I have started eating a bit more as well. I get tired after doing some physical work. what is happening to me?

Guide (reply to ZA)

Hello ZA,

Please speak with your gynecologist. No periods for ten years would indicate menopause, either naturally or the result of a complete hysterectomy.

I don't know if you should have taken an ECP, or its effect on your body, other than the symptoms you have shared.

Regards,

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi Marryann

Thank you for your reply. My symotoms are improving everyday. Its just now emotion and anger that is not under my control and tired feeling.
Yes I was Menopause 10 years ago thats why I was wondering if I can still get pregnant.
What was that bright red blood after 7 days.
What do you think if I at this age (Menopaused) can get pregnant with may be his pre cum?
Or these are just the side effects of ECP that may be I was not required to take?