Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi. Just a question.
My girlfriend and I had sex for a couple of days around the 3rd week of January while she's on her last days of her period and after her period. I used condom always but sometimes I would take it off then put it on again. I became paranoid so I asked her to take Nordette as EC last January 28th. After 7 days (Feb 4 ish) she bled brown light spotting and not really heavy for 3 days. Not sure if that's already her period. She's irregular so I don't know when she'll have her period again. It's already the 21st of Feb but she still doesnt have mens. Her last was 13th of January. Is it likely that she's preggy?

Hello Anon

If you used a condom then she won't get pregnant but you need to stop taking it off and putting it on again.

Her last bleeding was due to taking EC so her next period could be 4 weeks from that time.

She needs to take a pregnancy test so you have peace of mind.

Anonymous

good day :) i had withdrawal bleeding around 3rd week of december and i missed my period for a month and half. .is it normal? thanks. .

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

What exactly are you referring to by "withdrawal bleeding"? Did you take an ECP?
Whether or not you took an ECP, it is not normal to not have a period for a month and half.

How old are you? Have you been having unprotected sex since your last normal period?

Regards,

Anonymous

I got my period on 2nd Feb & I had sex with my boyfriend on 10th using protection but the condom slipped off when he ejaculated. I got scared & I took Postinor 2 pill for the first time after 9 hours.

I noticed there is withdrawal brown bleeding after 7 days (16th) I took the pills. My period supposed to come on the 1st March and I noticed 16th is ovulation day. Does this mean I'm getting pregnant?I'm so worried! Please help!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. The withdrawal bleeding caused by taking Postinor 2 was brown because it was old blood and uterine lining left from your last period.

Be aware that changes to the menstrual cycle are a reported side effect. Your next period might start earlier or later than expected. Flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

Regards,

Anonymous

hello i had my withrawal bledding dec 24,2016 it lasted for about 4 days.
i missed my period in january 2017, i did PT and turns out negaitve. I usually get my period around the 22nd of the month, but i am irregular. I did PT on the 21st and 27 of January all negative.
Does this mean im safe and just delayed period?

Hello Anon

That's hard to say as you haven't had your period but should not have side effects in Feb from EC that you took in December. But since your test is negative, pregnancy is highly unlikely; your period some come soon. If not, call your gynecologist.

hello
we had sex on jan 4 her last mens in 28 were on the 8th day and I let her take pill on the jan 6
i used withdrawal method and I didnt ejaculated inside Im just worried I might slip some
she have withdrawal bleeding on jan 12 up until now shes usually she have a long period means were far from ovulating and withdrawal bleed shed your endometrium and I know it wouldnt do that if your pregnant to protect the egg
im sure were safe now just waiting for her normal period to come near end of the month just need some opinion

HERWriter Guide (reply to iperlas24)

Hello iperlas24

We have helped you multiple times on this topic, I'm not sure what more we can do. There is no risk of pregnancy. You need to wait it out like all people have to.