ask: Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By Brandon

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Im 24. Had unprotected sex on 13th/15th april and had ipill within 24hrs. On 19th got my period or withdrawal dontnknow, with clots and bleeding and cramps as I have always in normal period. Its may 30th till didnot get period. Did 2 pregnancy test in morning and day both came negative. M I pregnant or can I be? Please help im so very tensed. ?.

Anonymous

hello
me n my gf had sex yesterday (unprotected) and m sure i did not release semen inside her. the last week, i.e on 7th she finished with her withdrawal bleeding. she had taken an i pill a week before tht. do i need to worry? does withdrawal bleeding guarantee an absence of pregnancy? we are just teenagers and jus hoping not to reach the worst case scenario. cannot get the abortion done.

Anonymous

i had my period on 06sept. and my partner made love on the 16sept. i took ECP just to be sure and ihad light bleeding on the 22sept lasted for 3 days... will i get pregnant??

Anonymous

i had my period last sept. 6 which lasted for 3 days. my partner and i made love on the sept.16... i took ECP after and i bled agin on sept.22 but not only light bleeding... will i get pregnant??

Anonymous

Thank you for your question. If you had a period, this is a good sign of not being pregnant. Since it is now April 8th, you could always try a pregnancy test if you miss your period in about 8-10 days. If you have another period, you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Missie

Anonymous

hi maam just want to ask if im safe to not to get pregnant we make love last march 16my recent first day of mens was march 9.. i took ECP and after 6 days i experienced bleeding for 2 days.. not too heavy nor light normal lang sya ..

could io be pregnant?

Brandon,

Emergency contraceptives can cause a change in her period. However, if she bled for 3 days within days of taking the EC, then she still needs to wait for her next period before deciding that she is not pregnant. If your girlfriend has irregular periods, she can test for pregnancy two weeks after the last time you had sex.

Best of luck,

Rosa

Brandon (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Hi Ma'am, we had protected sex again last week(3 weeks after last time taking ECP), and there weren't any signs of leaks or damage to the condom. 2 hours later after sex, she took Nordette again as ECP again. It has been 6 days now and she still didn't bleed, she only had a slight abdominal cramp yesterday and that's it. I'm starting to feel uneasy about it again.

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Brandon)

Brandon,

There is nothing to feel uneasy about when you have had PROTECTED sex and an emergency contraceptive after. Bleeding is a side effect but not something that happens every time. You have to remember that another side effect of the EC is a change in her period-- so just be patient and wait.

Rosa

Brandon (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Thanks again ma'am Rosa. I think it's time for us to control ourselves from doing it until we are both emotionally and economically prepared for the worst case scenario. :))

You have offered great help ma'am. Thank you!
Cheers!

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: