ask: Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

I Have a question
I drink nordette as an ecP last mar 30 2 hrs after the deed (that was my fifth time doing that) last april 6 i bleed for about 3 days the fourth day is just brown discharge then two weeks after the deed which is april 14 or 15 i dnt remember when i exactly did it i used pregnancy test and the tesult is negative right now i feel tender breast and i have white discharge when i wipe my vagina after i pee. And i also feel backaches The discharge is easily dries up and not really many unlike my prevoius discharge lastmonths i dont have morning sickness my areola is not darker as before and it doesnt have bumps

Do you think am i pregnant im really worried now ill be graduating from college this coming schoolyear and im really scared right now cause my bf cheated on me and go with his other girl :(

Thank you i hope this will be answer

Anonymous

Hi, I need help, april 15 i lost my virginity he didnt used condom and he almost had his released in me but I think he ejaculated in me so I took nordette as ecp 49 hours after the deed then after 5 days I had my bleeding for about 8 days and now I'm only spotting.

Does this mean I'm not pregnant? I don't want to be a mom yet. Please answer me

Anonymous

I have a question on this situation:

I had protected sex (wherein the condom broke) on March 6 (infertile), took Nordette (4 pills, then 4 pills after 12 hours), and I had my period on the predicted date, March 12 for around 8 days. On the 21st, we had sex again, didn't realise the condom tore and I took Nordette again within 48 hrs. I started bleeding on the 28th (day 17 of my cycle) and it lasted up to 5 days (medium to light, not like my usual period which becomes really heavy on the 2nd day). What is this? Is this withdrawal bleeding or what? I'm not ready to get pregnant and hope these are just the effects of Nordette. :(

If it's an important factor, I have been eating chicken, beef, or pork due to my lenten sacrifice.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This was withdrawal bleeding caused by taking Nordette.

Repeated use of an emergency contraceptive is not as effective in preventing pregnancies as many other contraceptive methods so ask a health educator about a more reliable contraceptive method if you need one.

No, your diet is not relevant to the bleeding.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello,
I would like to ask for your opinion regarding my case. Im a 25 yr old virgin and had my first time,unprotected sex last Feb1, i immidiately took Nordette pills after 3-4 hours. I followed the procedure except i took all the left pills. After 13 days i had medium to heavy bleeding that lasted for 4 days. I took a PT after my last bleeding day and it showed a negative result. Supposedly, if 30 days cycle would be followed I would had to have my menstruation already, ive been 4 days late. Is it still possible that I might be pregnant? I do not have signs of early pregnancy but I do have sticky white vaginal discharge now,im considering that this is because I am about to have my menstruation. After the sex, i engaged in heavy exercise,drinked coffee and tea heavily, drank energy drinks,ate pineapples,took 2grams of vitamin C, doing some of that until now. Is there a chance that I will be pregnant despite all of that?Please answer, thanks.

You can relax. You are not pregnant. The vaginal bleeding, which was a medium to heavy flow and lasted four days, confirms Nordette was effective in preventing pregnancy.

Emergency contraceptive can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. This can seen as your next period starting later than expected. Relax, your period should start in a day or two.

Regards,

Anonymous

Thank you for your question. If you had a period, this is a good sign of not being pregnant. Since it is now April 8th, you could always try a pregnancy test if you miss your period in about 8-10 days. If you have another period, you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Missie

Anonymous

hi maam just want to ask if im safe to not to get pregnant we make love last march 16my recent first day of mens was march 9.. i took ECP and after 6 days i experienced bleeding for 2 days.. not too heavy nor light normal lang sya ..

could io be pregnant?

Brandon,

Emergency contraceptives can cause a change in her period. However, if she bled for 3 days within days of taking the EC, then she still needs to wait for her next period before deciding that she is not pregnant. If your girlfriend has irregular periods, she can test for pregnancy two weeks after the last time you had sex.

Best of luck,

Rosa

Brandon (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Hi Ma'am, we had protected sex again last week(3 weeks after last time taking ECP), and there weren't any signs of leaks or damage to the condom. 2 hours later after sex, she took Nordette again as ECP again. It has been 6 days now and she still didn't bleed, she only had a slight abdominal cramp yesterday and that's it. I'm starting to feel uneasy about it again.

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :