Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Will the withdrawal bleeding serve as my monthly period?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. Bleeding triggered by taking an ECP and your monthly period are two different things.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took Nordette pill as ECP after i had unprotected sex . I took 1 dose 50hours from unprotected sex then another dose after 12 hours. I stop taking pill after taking those 2 doses. I got withdrawal bleeding after 5days and this withdrawal is really same as my regular period/real period.
My question is:
Am I free from pregnancy now for 100%?? Withdrawal bleeding means that im not getting pregnant?
And lastly, it is safe to make unprotected sex during withdrawal bleeding? This is a crazy question but Am just so curious.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding was proof that Nordette was effective in preventing pregnancy and thus, you are not pregnant.

You were not at risk for becoming pregnant if you had intercourse while you were still bleeding.

Please avoid a similar situation. Start using birth control, such as using condoms, birth control pills, IUD, or Depo Provera injections.

Regards,

Anonymous

i am new to this please help. i had unprotected sex with my fiancee on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 13th. on that same 13th i then started spotting and thought it was my period which was supposed to be on the 16Nov. because i had to travel i then took 2birth control pills that day and the next morning then one on the 15th but the bleeding didnt stop. my period is usually 4days but this time it exceeded but no longer cosistantly and on the 19th and20th amid the bleeding we had it again and on those days took the pill again then stopped for good on the 20th and i am still bleeding now like a period and i am not sure if this is withdrawal bleeding or not and i am puzzled about the possibility of being pregnant which i would like as well. sorry for the length

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding indicates that you are not pregnant.

Are you taking birth control pills daily? If so, why did you say you had unprotected sex?

Please reach out to your gynecologist, who knows you, which birth control has been prescribed and is your best resource to explain why you are having this bleeding.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous

Hi maryann
we did the deed last nov 4, 10 pm and took the pill the day after her period was last oct 14 and she is irregular today is the 8th day since she took the pill she is experiencing crams sleepy and tired and abdominal pain and having white discharge when will her bleeding be? Today is the 8th day but still no bleeding occured when will we expect the bleeding to come? Please answer ty

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Sorry for the delay in responding. Has she had any bleeding yet?

If she has not had any bleeding by November 25, she should test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi me and my girl friend had sex last nov 4 at 10pm and suddenly the condom broked but i think i pulled out before ejaculating but i think few amount spilled inside her so after 22 hours she took the first dose of nordrette then 12 hours after she took the 2nd dose then she experienced nausea and headache but then the next day she took vit c and she felt better as usual then nov 8 she experienced abdominal pain and feeling tired and sleepy and also nxt week is her expected mens and she already had this white discharge today nov 12 the 8th day after taking the pill still she did not have withdrawal bleeding so what do you think is happening? Is it the side effects of nordrette of what she is feeling now? Is it effective to her? When will we expect the withdrawal bleeding? Btw nxt week is her expected period to come thank you please answer

Anonymous

Good day.

I'm having a problem regarding this. My boyfriend came in me last Oct 21, and we took Nordette immediately after. But we have regular unprotected sex with him always withdrawing five or so seconds before ejaculation.

However, a short backstory: I was pregnant for five weeks until Oct 11, when I aborted, making Oct 11 my first day of period. After I took Nordette, on Oct 27, I bled for five days - and I took it as the Nordette's effectivity. However, I also smelled how I smelled when I was pregnant. And my breasts are sore, and I get back and stomach cramps irregularly.

Does this mean I'm pregnant? I just took a pregnancy test today, Nov 11, which is supposedly my first day. I didn't have it, but the test said I was negative. Am I pregnant?

Thank you very much.