Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi. I had my withdrawal bleeding last July 16 (heavy flow with clots) But now I am worried because it's my 5th day of being delayed from my expected period for this month. I am so worried. Is this just a side effects from ecp? Im experiencing abnominal pain, mild cramps sometimes and a white discharge.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

A delay in the start of the next menstrual period is a side effect of ECP. If you do not start your period in the next two or three days, please contact your gynecologist.

Anonymous

Hi,

I took ECP the week before my expected menstrual period. That was last week. I've been bleeding for 4 days now this week. It's my first time doing this so I'm not sure of how withdrawal period looks like. Is it possible that withdrawal period and actual menstruation can happen at the same time? I'm super regular with my menstruation so I know that I'm supposed to get it this week. Also, if this is my actual menstruation, do I still wait for my withdrawal period? Should I still be worried if something is possibly baking in the oven?

Anonymous

Hi,
I took a ecp pill yestersay.If i got one small red spot today does that mean the ecp worked?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Too early to tell. Wait and if you do not have any vaginal bleeding within the next three weeks, then test for pregnancy. The bleeding will show whether or not the ECP worked.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, We did not have sex but im not sure if he touched me with some precum on his hands. I just recently finished birth control and after 8 or 9 days, i had very ligjt bleeding that lasted for 2 days. is that withdrawal bleeding? thanks for the response.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I cannot say. Have you stopped taking birth control pills for good?

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi! I was using active pills for 22days regularly and then stopped,planning to have 7days of pill free period afterwards. On the 23rd day we had sex.but didnt use any contraceptive method as it was during the pill free period.but I ddnt get any withdrawal bleeding. Does it means that im pregnant? Is having sex during the pill free 7days is safe?

Active pills are 21 days, not 22.

It is safe to have unprotected sex during the 7 day inactive period although I can't say why you didn't have any bleeding.

Anonymous

Hi i had sex last may 31st but i was on pill so i had period on june 5th and then after my pill free i take another pack of my pill and had period again on july 6th up to 9th. I would like to ask is it possible to get pregnant if your on pill and had period too? Btw im taking it regularly and on time. Enlighten me please. Thanks