Q: 

Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello. We had sex when she was still on her last day of her period and im worried that she might get pregnant because of precum so I let her take ecp. Will she be fine?

Anonymous

after being on the ECP , can i start taking birth control pills on the 1st day of the withdrawal bleeding or shall i wait for my normal menstruation to came in. thanks.

Anonymous

Hi I have pcod. I took 3 days dose tablets for the periods. My periods did come but lasted for 1 and half day only that is low flow. In the next month I took 21 days dosage for periods prescribed by doctor. When I asked her that why did she gave me earlier 3 days dosage? She replied that it was because my period didn't come for 2-3 months so as a withdrawal period she gave me 3 days dosage medicine. So is it true and how ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

These are two questions for your gynecologist to answer.

Anonymous

Hi! I was the Anon who wrote last June 15. Unprotected sex: May 18, Took ecp and had withdrawal bleeding with a heavy flow from May 24-31.

So we did 1 home pregnancy test almost a month after doing the deed (June 15) and thankfully, it came out negative. I couldn't wait for a week after my missed period because I'm irregular and I haven't had a period for almost two months in the first place.

Is a home pregnancy test taken almost four weeks after doing the deed accurate? Can we finally say that I am indeed not pregnant?

Thank you!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The heavy bleeding after taking the pill was proof it worked and you did not become pregnant

Regards,

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex during my fertile period and took Nordette not more than 24 hours later. Three days after taking my last dose, Ive been experiencing mild cramps. It has been 7 days and still no period. I had a drop of spotting last night. Is that conception?? Help me please :( btw my last period was may 18 & i have 46 day cycle

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, then test for pregnancy.

Anonymous

hi , my last period ended on the 1st of May .. my boyfriend and I had sex on the 4th and we used the withdrawal method , he pulled out a bit to late so we went straight to the store to buy a morning after pill .. I took it immediately as instructed . A week later I experienced withdrawal bleeding . I was fine after that .. my period was suppose to come on the 28th May but it didn't , a week later my breast started paining and I feel bloated and I get abdominal pain like when my period is about to come but it never came .. I'm 19 days late and I took a pregnancy test on the 18th day using my first urine for the day and it was negative . I'm just wondering if I'm pregnant or is this just the morning after pill side effects ?

Please help , I'm really confused .

p.s - we haven't had sex since the 4th of May .

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

An emergency contraceptive can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. The bleeding was proof the pill was effective.

But a late period by 19 days is long. Consider speaking with your gynecologist.

Regards,