Does 3 days of withdrawal bleeding/menstruation mean she's not pregnant?

By Brandon December 23, 2011 - 9:25pm

We had sex 2 - 3 weeks after her last menstruation and she had them irregularly. She took Nordette as ECP 18 hours after. 6 days after the dose, she bled heavily lasting for 3 days. She also had abdominal pains then and she said it was just like her period. I'm not sure exactly if it is her period or just the withdrawal bleeding.

Was that a sign that she's not pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi, me and my girlfriend have unprocted sex last feb 7 . her mens start at feb 1 ended in feb 5 . after 20hrs she take 4pills then 12hrs 4pills again . 4days from now shes still have side effects from taking ecp . how many days she will have withdrawal bleeding ? is there any chance being pregnant after doing the deeds 2days after from her period ? thanks for your answeeer

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are these emergency contraception pills she is taken? If so they are up to 95% effective, additionally you had sex at a time when it's unlikely she'd be ovulating.

Bleeding can take up to a week - all women are different.

yes ms susan :) thank youuuu .

Anonymous

Hello. My periods started on 16th january and we had unprotected sex (he did not ejaculate inside me, but pre ejaculate fluid may have spilled) on 6th Feb. My cycles are usually 29 days. I took Escapelle within the next 24 hrs. On 9th I had 3-4 drops of blood as spotting, light red in colour. I feels heavy on the lower abdomen with some lower abdomen pain. Please let me know where we stand now? Thank you
-A

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi A,

With your period starting on January 16, counting seven days of menstrual flow, your period should have ended on or about January 23. Ovulation occurs about day 14 of the new menstrual cycle, which should have been around January 30.

ESCAPELLE works by preventing ovulation.

Pre ejaculate fluid itself does not contain sperm. However, sperm left from a previous but recent ejaculation can remain in the urethra. Once he urinates, any stow away sperm is flushed out of the body.

I doubt you become pregnant because he didn't ejaculate, ovulation might have happened almost a week before and you had spotting three days after taking the pill. This would have been too early to be considered implantation bleeding.

The pill may cause your period for February to start earlier or later than expected. Menstrual flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Maryann,

Hope you're doing great.

I had my period January 31st until February 5th (including the residue although until now I still have some left but not enough for me to use a pad and I don't know if I should consider it as part of my period ).

Then today February 7 I had two unprotected sex. First was at 3am withdrawal and I'm sure as I've seen it before it came out, then the second was around 9:40pm same thing withdrawal.

Is the chance of me getting pregnant is high?

Thanks-Sisi

Hi Sisi,

Are you trying to conceive? If not, do not depend on the withdrawal method. Consistent use of birth control is much more reliable.

You consider the length of your period or menstruation begins with the first day of bleeding, whether light, moderate or heavy and ends with the last day of bleeding.

You were not at risk for becoming pregnant by having intercourse two days after the last day of your period. Too early for ovulation with even the shortest of menstrual cycles.

Regards,

Related to my first post Is how would you count the length of your period, would this be until you're seeing blood until the redness fades away or until the last heavy flow? Cause sometimes I count mine as 6days but until the 8th days I'm seeing red when I pee and spotting to light reddish on my pad. - sisi

Hello Sisi,

count the length of your period from the first day of bleeding until the last day. If you have any concerns about your periods, consider speaking with a gynecologist.

Anonymous

Hi! me and my partner had unprotected sex (condom broke) last January 31st and my last period was on January 26th and he accidentally came inside me. After 2hrs of the deed, I immediately took 4 pills then after 12-13hrs, took another 4 pills. Is there a possibility that I'll get pregnant? Thanks!

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :