Does what you eat or when you eat impact menopause symptoms?

I noticed that if I eat a heavier meal at night, especially with pasta or rice (carb rich), that I'll have hot flashes that night, whereas if I eat light and healthy at night, I don't get them. Is it when you eat? or what you eat? or a combination of the two? Or is it just me? Thanks.

If you have found that light, healthy eating at nights helps with your symptoms then stick with that routine. The combination is probably the cause since heavy, unhealthy eating at night will cause anyone to feel unwell. 

Eating heavy, late meals can cause heartburn, digestive discomfort and even bad dreams! It also causes your body to work hard to digest your food all night, when your body should be resting and repairing. 

You may feel like you are sleeping better too. 

Here are some tips for eating at mid life: 

Thanks, that was a helpful article.

Menopause Guide