dull ache under my left and right armpit

By Anonymous February 16, 2016 - 3:35pm

i am 48yrs old and recently have noticed dull ache under my armpits also have erratic period. This time started spotting 10 days before my period and on the 6th day of spotting have started my period.

At 48, you may notice that your cycle is becoming slightly irregular and also that your cycle may shorten a little. This could explain your spotting.

Read more about perimenopause here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

I assume you don't have any under arm injury from physical strain or exercise.

With regard to the dull pain under your armpits - is it radiating anywhere near your breast area? If so, this could be hormonal.

But it could also be an adrenal issue or could mean your thyroid levels are not normal. Sometimes with the glands are not working properly, they can swell under the armpits and cause pain.

Have you been feeling unwell recently? A viral infection can cause glands to swell in your armpits causing a dull pain.

I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about this pain - he or she can run some blood tests to check on several types of hormone levels including adrenal, thyroid and reproductive glands/hormones.

We have a detailed thyroid section here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/thyroid-conditions

Please keep us posted!

Thyroid Hormones