Effective Mosquito bite scar remover?

I'm a fourteen year old from southeast asia and I am very worried about my skin condition. I have many scars due to mosquito bites mostly at my legs. Even though I wouldn't scratch or even touch it, it will still leave an ugly mark on my legs and will take for more like 5 months for the scar to be gone. I always go to my dermatologist and have gone through many medications yet I still can't get rid of the marks. Because of these scars, I can't even wear skirts and lacked confidence towards myself. Any piece of advice please?

I am a newly mom with a 9 mos. Old baby boy, I am so concious about his legs because he has a lot of scars caused by mosquito. I already consult his pedetrician but he just give me an anti-inflammatory drugs, what I want is a remedy on how to remove it,is there anyone can help me please..

Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHER!

I'm sorry you are dealing with this and I know it's hard to be a teen and so self-conscious about our bodies. I know that mosquito bites are a real menace in SE Asia (although I am plagued with them too, where I live) and their bites are not only terribly itchy/painful but also dangerous since they carry so many diseases.

There are brands out there that claim to heal/fade scars quickly but some offer little or no evidence that they actually work. The best way to get rid of scars is to apply lots of moisturizer and give it time.

The creams with cocoa butter, Vitamin E and aloe are the best option. However, there are no guarantees that these creams and lotions will work to completely eliminate scars.

Anon - your other best bet is to avoid them when possible. Are you wearing an insect repellent when you are outdoors? Or long pants? Do you sleep with a mosquito net over you or use one when outside (on your porch or outdoor sitting area?) Avoiding being near water at dusk is also a good idea.

Can you tell us why you are getting so many bites to begin with, Anon?

I hope to hear back from you soon!