Eratic Bleeding

By September 21, 2011 - 10:14am

Hi, I have been on Premique HRT Tablets for my menopause for over a year now, and have at present a vaginal bleed which is not heavy but a bit eratic for around 3 weeks now, along with sweating which happens every morning for the first hour when I get out of bed the sweating seems to be on my neck and face area, the hrt has helped at night with regards to hot flashes, been to see my GP who says that the bleeding and the sweating is all due to the menopause, have started to get a bit breathless as well, have had my lung function, heart trace and bloods done which have all come back okay, GP still says its the menopause but I am still worried any advice?

Hi daltor1

If your bleeding has only started now, then it's hard to believe it's a side effect from the HRT you've been having for a year.

While I think your doctor has point in saying that many of symptoms are menopause-related except perhaps the bleeding but that depends on a couple of things.

When was the last time you had your period? If it has been 12 months, then this bleeding needs to be checked out to make sure your reproductive organs are healthy. If your last period was within that 12 month frame, this bleeding may be part of the menopausal process.

Let me know what you think!

Menopause Guide