had a miacarriage 5 weeks ago still menstrual

Its been a little over 5 weeks since I had my miscarriage and still did not get a period. Ive been feeling sick to my stomach, very tired, and having lot of cramping and lower back pains. what is wrong with me

Thanks for your post and I'm very sorry you've gone through a miscarriage. It's a very hard time, physically and emotionally and I hope you have lots of support at home.

It can take 1-3 months for your reproductive system to regulate again so not having a period within 5 weeks sounds quite normal.

However, still feeling physically ill for five weeks is not normal and warrants a check up with your doctor to see why you are not recovering as quickly as you should. You may be anemic from a loss of blood from the miscarriage (that can cause nausea/fatigue) or your period may be coming soon as causing you pain from pre-menstrual syndrome.

Please schedule an appointment as soon as you can and  update us.

Miscarriage Guide