Constipation

Constipation Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Haven't had a bowel movement in over a week! it hurts!

I have been constipated for over a week and it really really hurts! I took a laxative yesterday and it did not work! Now I'm in a lot of pain and have a lot of nausea. I have not had a bowel movement in over a week, my stomach hurts a lot especially in the lower region. I've tried everything an the laxative was my last resort, and it didn't work!
What should I do? It hurts so much I let out a scream every now and then. it's pain that comes and goes.

triciathompson

im having the same thing however its like im pregnate but my boobs dont hurt. went to take preggers test shows negative whats going on?

Sysy92

I took another laxative and it finally helped!
I only went a little bit, but it definitely offered some relief.
Thank you!

Hi Sysy

Thanks for your post.

This sounds really painful for you. The first thing you need to do is start eating a lot of fiber and take supplements if you feel the need.

Try to take another laxative and see if that helps. Prune juice will also help. You can read more on treatments here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/constipation/treatments

Massage can also help - here's a article that teaches you how: http://www.empowher.com/constipation/content/colon-massage-natural-const...

If you don't go in the next day or two, contact your doctor since you may have an unknown intestinal issue. I hope this ends for your soon, I know how terribly uncomfortable this is.

~Susan

Do you take selfies?: