Is the hcg diet safe and effective ?

By Anonymous April 29, 2010 - 7:02pm

I am 53 years old, only 4'10" tall and 175 pounds. Aside from my weight and some anxiety/depression, I'm pretty healthy. I've tried every diet in the last 30 years EXCEPT I've never been on a "medical" diet. I've been looking at a few of the hcg diets and think I have found one I'm going to try. Since it is a pregnancy hormone would it have any affect on the menopausal process? Do you have any thoughts or suggestions to empow"me"?

Thanks for your question.

I happen to be a fan of good old fashioned "healthy diet and exercise" because it's the only thing that works consistantly and is a lifestyle, not a diet. People fail on this because they simply don't exercise enough and start off well with a healthy diet but end up adding too many snacks or portions that are far to large.

However, if you choose another way (like many do) then the hCG diet has lots of fans and some not-so-fanatic about the method. I'd like you to check out this thread - not only has it first person accounts but also great information about the diet itself and how (and why) it works .

Here is the thread : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/does-anyone-have-any-experience-using-hcg-weight-loss-plan and please make sure you read all the information and comments.

With regard to menopause, you will need a check up from your doctor before you start this diet and he/she will talk to you about any concerns over the injections.

Will you come back to this thread and tell me what you think of all the information offered?