HEEELP! might be pregnant!

By February 21, 2011 - 12:45pm

I am currently on birth control. I missed 11 birth control pills. I also had unprotected sex 9 times and was on UTI medicine that decreased the birth control. Could i be pregnant? Also, on Wednesday I bled just a little bit. For about 3 days but it was a very small amount. I only had to wear liners. And now i just have discharge. I also had a fever when I woke up.

What about implation bleeding?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Pinkgreen9)

Implantation is always a possibility. Anything is possible with unprotected sex so all we can do really, is speculate. We would have no idea if you could be pregnant or not, just advise you that it's possible. You can test for pregnancy up to 3-5 days before your expected period, the closer to your due date for your period, the better.

Hi PinkGreen!

Thanks for your post! I know that I have requested this of you before but again, please do not post your pregnancy questions more than once as it causes delays for other women with health related questions. It's important that other women also have the chance to have their questions researched and answered.

Anyone taking birth control pills should know that by missing 11 of these pills, as well as having lots of unprotected sex (and being on medication) is at a pretty high risk of pregnancy.

If this kind of birth control is not working out for you (and it clearly is not!) then talk to you doctor about other options and always use a condom. It sounds a little like you want to become pregnant (since you know exactly how many pills you missed and know how many times you've had unprotected sex so you are tracking your cycle/sexual activity) so if that is the case, talk to your partner about things are come off birth control completely.

But in this case, it sounds like you did have a period, even if it was short and light. Three days of bleeding constitutes a period. I'm not sure about your fever, it may be totally unrelated. If you are still unsure, take a pregnancy test if you miss your next period.