hi. Do I get diabetics if I have a intercourse with diabetic patient? dose it affect pregnancy or baby?

By March 26, 2012 - 9:54am

My hubby is having diabetics & I do not have. I am not pregnant & now we are planning for baby. I am 26 and he is 27. Dose it affect me and baby? Any chances that I or Baby will get diabetics? Please reply me as soon as you can.

Thank you
Praise the Lord

Hi Nina

You can't contract diabetes from your husband.

What kind of diabetes does he have - type 1 or 2?

There may be a hereditary link with Type 1 diabetes but not Type 2 which is caused by environment and lifestyle. It's best to talk with your doctor about this before getting pregnant.

Diabetes Guide