Hi I am 28y old and TTC have breast issues now!!! Could I b Suffering from hormonal dissorders?

Hi I am 28y old and have a 4 year old boy, When my son turned 2 we started trying to have another baby. Have had 3 missca...After my 3rd Had lab work at the OBGYN and everything came back normal?.
I had a very clotty period on the 15 th this month and now my breats are very big and keep on getting bigger!!!! A little sore , but not like pms, feel tired and my lower body aches. But nothing like pregnancy symtoms. I heard of enzyme dissorders and Hormonal? Any of my symptoms fall into any of those 2 categories?

bumping this up for our reader who reposted her question!

When my 3rd miscarriage occurred my Dr. advised me to get hormone tested and also a whole other tests. But everything came back normal?. He also mentioned the fact that my 1st born son is fine and that I did not have issues with my pregnancy.
I am happy to know enzymes issues could be related and will definately check myself. Also re-run the hormone tests.
I cannot tell you how happy I am to recieve your response since this issue has been bothering me for a long time!
Thank you

Hi TTC 28

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

Firstly, I'm so sorry you have dealt with three miscarriages - I can imagine how difficult that is.

Do you think it's possible that the very clotty period could have been, in fact, another miscarriage? And the ensuing breast enlargement was due to that?

Your symtoms could indeed be hormonal or an enzyme issue. HELLP is an enzyme disorder (it stands for Hemolysis, Elevated Liver enzyme levels and a Low Platelet count) but it affects women actually in pregnancy. But it might be an idea for you to have your liver enzymes checked.

It could also be hormonal - have you had your hormones tested? If not, please do.

Another thing I thought about while reading your post was the relatively rare disorder that the actress Courtney Cox (from "Friends" has). She has an anti-body that attacks the fetus causing it to miscarry. She took Heparin shots to combat this. Ask your doctor about this possibility.

An unfortunate fact of pregnancy is that up to one third end in miscarriage through no fault of anyone. You may just have been very unlucky, especially when all your tests came back as normal.

But consider checking into anything I have written above, to see if these conditions are a possibility.

If your period was on the 15th of this month, it sounds like may be ovulating now, which may explain the increase in breast size and the pains.

Does any of this help you? What has your doctor told you about having three miscarriages in the past two years?

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide