Hot Flashes and High Protein Diet

By Anonymous November 17, 2011 - 9:20am

I have had hot flashes since 1992. Very annoying. Have tried a number of things. This year for 3 months I was on the Ideal Protein Diet and my hot flashes stopped. At the end of the diet my hot flashes came back. Is there a correlation to protein and hot flashes.? Thanks for your input.

Hi Bonnie

There may be some correlation with protein and menopause made easier. Soy (which is high in protein) is known to help with hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms.

What kind of a high protein diet were you on? Was it meat based? Or fish and fowl based? Or was it vegetarian based (soy, other pulses and vegetables)?

If you noticed a big difference on the high protein diet, then it looks like it did, in fact, help with your hot flashes.

Take a look at this article and let us know if it helps to clarify things for you: http://www.empowher.com/emotional-health/content/soy-protein-and-menopause

I can't get signed up! The protein was some soy, fish and meat.

Hi Bonnie

To become a member, go to the home page and click on the red Join Us sign at the top right hand side of the page.It's between the signs for "Log In" and "Connect".

Start here: http://www.empowher.com/

Let me know if you need more help!

Diet & Nutrition

Diet & Nutrition Guide