Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: How can I control or stop on-going flatulence? Have read treatments on the Internet relating to diet, etc. I eat lots of fiber, organic everything;i.e., fresh vegs., fruit.

I've had a few sessions of diverticulitis over the years, but none the past couple of years. A bit of IBS, also, but none for 2 years. Good diet ~ take supplements of calcium, organic Krill Oil, Vit.D; also, prescrips. of low dose Synthroid, Losartan, and Citalopram. I'm 77 years old, in good health, and active (2 miles on treadmill every other day). Haven't seen my MDVIP physician for almost a year (1 visit, I think).

Can you explain more about your flatulence? Is it all day long? Have you timed when it happens (after meals/in the morning/at night)?

It's really important to identify the triggers that may be causing this. Many unhealthy foods can cause this but so can healthy foods like vegetables or beans.

Have you been able to identify triggers? Also, do you have normal bowel movements?