How can I talk to my friends about the dangers of smoking and lung cancer?

By Anonymous February 2, 2015 - 12:39pm

We'd have to be living under a rock to not know the dangers of smoking but as a former smoker, I can tell you that the addiction is as strong as any drugs and stronger than many of them. 

You can direct to the National Cancer Society where the dangers of smoking are very well shown, as well as letting them know that even if they don't get lung cancer, they will have skin damage (appeal to their vanity!) and breathing problems - in fact, they may get COPD, something that is commonly caused by smoking. You can read more about COPD here: 

COPD is one of the leading cause of death in the world. 

Emphysema is a terrifying condition, often caused by smoking - read more here:

There are many support groups for quitting online. 

I hope this helps! 

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer Guide