How do I heal cracked heels?

By Blogger June 30, 2014 - 11:03pm

My heels are dry, rough, cracked...the list goes on. How do I heal them? Perhaps there are home remedies or inexpensive products?

Hi Hayden

Cracked heels are the bane of many women's lives - mine too! 

They are caused by environmental conditions (walking barefoot outdoors), the weather and general dryness of the foot. 

To avoid them, get regular pedicures if you can. This is a great way to get cracks smoothed away and a moisturizing massage will also help. 

Use some pedicures at home. A foot scrub to exfoliate and a good foot and callus file will really help. Try not to walk outdoors barefoot too much. 

Also, my best tip: cover your feet in Vaseline and put socks on right before bed. It'll feel thick and heavy and sticky but you will wake up in the morning with very soft heels! It's a great feeling. Do it once or twice a week if your heels are badly cracked. 

Hayden, will you let us know if these tips work for you?