How do I know if I have microscopic colitis or Habba syndrome?

I had been diagnosed with IBS but I never have constipation. I experience diarrhea after meals and have a constant discomfort in the right upper quadrant of my abdomen.

Many experts classify IBS into three types: diarrhea-predominant, constipation-predominant or a mix of the two. The American Gastroenterological Association also mentions IBS-alternate, in which diarrhea and constipation alternate over time, and IBS-unspecified, in which there is no clear pattern.

With the help of a health care practitioner and dietitian, IBS of any type usually can be managed. And because IBS affects tens of millions of Americans, researchers are always testing new drug therapies. In addition, many IBS patients find help through meditation, counseling and other psychological treatments.

With regard to Habba Syndrome, you can ask for a scan of your gall-bladder to see how it looks.

Talk to your doctor about microscopic colitis and possible tissue testing to see if you have this. You simply may have IBS-D. Account for all the foods you eat and your body's reactions to them, this will help you eliminate triggers and flares.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Guide