Q: 

how do I know when pityriasis rosea is healing?

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea almost 6 weeks ago. Apparently it takes 6-8 weeks to disappear, but I keep finding new spots every time I shower, new red spots seem to pop up. The first ones I got seem to keep changing. Does anyone know what these spots are meant to look like before they just disappear?

Anonymous

I've had PR for 4 months already .this thing is embarrassing I don't know what to do anymore ! I've tried some cream and it only reduced the redness . But Im also getting these spots they're like white spots I'm brown skinned and I have the red itchy spots and white spots those are flatten . I feel like a leopard cause I have them all over my body and lots of them . I can't wear shorts around people because my legs are covered with both those spots but..Does anyone know if they're going away or ???

I wrote this as an answer to one person but I hope all will be able to see it. My daughter had PR for 2 weeks first of June and she was getting nervous because was getting married on July 8th 3 days ago. So I researched everything. Found this cream called Prreze. I sent for it right away. She put it on for 3 days and it started getting a little better but was still itching so she continued to use it. Plus she went to beach one day and got quite a bit of sun. A few days later it started drying up and by the time the wedding came it was gone. She does still have a few brown marks but they seem to be fading. I know how you all feel because I sadly had to watch her go through the same thing. If you need any other info please email me at donatravel@aol.com

Anonymous (reply to donatravel)

First of all, I am so pleased to hear that your daughter's PR cleared up in time for her wedding. Since we all know this disease rears its ugly head due to undue stress, I often wondered how many brides when down the aisle scratching. But a two-week period of PR? That is unheard of. I am happy for her, as I am into my 10th month. And I too use the Prreze and I also sunbathe. It isn't as bad as it was, but it sure as heck isn't gone. Anyway, best wishes to the bride, congrats to the groom!

Anonymous

For those who have asked what the "spots" look like when they start to go away -- they fade. Even the worst of the lot will eventually fade away and won't leave a scar. I know, it seems impossible. If you have blisters, they will scab over and slough off. If you have lesions, they too will scab over. If its the million-red-spot rash (millions of red spots make the rash and it spreads), that will go away probably in a week. Please do not expect that when the spots, blisters, lesions and rash go away, they will not come back -- unless you are very lucky. I highly recommend mung beans. You can get them from Amazon. They are not the typical beans that make you "unsociable." You can make them savory or sweet. Google "mung bean recipes." Mung beans reduce the swelling and cool down the inflamed skin and even if you don't want to eat the bans, drink the broth. Also, these beans cook up very quickly, so keep an eye on them. For those of you with PR who are not suffering the ghastly night and day non-stop itching, please consider yourselves very fortunate in an unfortunate situation.

Anonymous

Hi I'm a 19 year old girl, and I've had PR for over aweek and half now. I'm so embarrassed having this I have it on my stomach, back, legs and private area! Me reading theses comments freak me out I've been told I'll have it for 3 weeks and then it will go away? What's the best cream or product to get rid of it. Please and thanks in advance x

(reply to Anonymous)

My daughter had it for 2 weeks first of June and she was getting nervous because was getting married on July 8th 3 days ago. So I researched everything. Found this cream called Prreze. I sent for it right away. She put it on for 3 days and it started getting a little better but was still itching so she continued to use it. Plus she went to beach one day and got quite a bit of sun. A few days later it started drying up and by the time the wedding came it was gone. She does still have a few brown marks but they seem to be fading. I know how you all feel because I sadly had to watch her go through the same thing. If you need any other info please email me at donatravel@aol.com

The Prreze people have a face book that is how I found them. They truely care they kept emailing me asking about Ashley.

I used Prreze to get rid of mine.

Anonymous

Prreze is a all natural product I gave a try after finding great reviews for it online. It WILL clear up your PR no matter the severity within 3-5 days as long as you follow the instructions. I used this for my little brother and it worked. It shocked and amazed us. Now we keep this around just in case we need it as the ingredients are actually beneficial towards a lot of other skin conditions as well. If you're looking for the END ALL BE ALL for Pityriasis Rosea this is IT.

Anonymous

I just wanted to share my experience with PR. I had it for over a year and it was such a romantically and socially embarrassing condition. I did a little research and found out about Prreze. They sell it on ebay and I think there is a site too. But I used ebay. Anyways... I got the 16oz jar and when it arrived I followed the instructions to a T .... desperate to try anything to relieve me of this horrific discomfort. By day 3 I knew it was working... by day 5 my outbreak was clearing up.... by a few weeks my skin was going back to normal. I love Prreze!!! I will buy it again and again it is worth every penny. Hope this helps someone!!

Anonymous

5 months ago I discovered that I had PR. The embarrassment, discomfort and stress that PR has caused me has been ridiculous. I tried a few different things, but didn't really get any relief until I found Prreze online. I did some research because.... well I refuse to use anything unless I know exactly what I'm getting. And loved what I discovered. This is a product that is all natural... and doesn't have any steroids. I decided to take a chance on it and I ordered a decent sized jar.
I wasn't really holding my breath. But I am so glad I tried this product. I applied it for only three days and after taking a two day break at the end of it all.... everything cleared up, right on day five.
I wish Walgreens and CVS sold this stuff!!

Pityriasis Rosea