Q: 

how do I know when pityriasis rosea is healing?

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea almost 6 weeks ago. Apparently it takes 6-8 weeks to disappear, but I keep finding new spots every time I shower, new red spots seem to pop up. The first ones I got seem to keep changing. Does anyone know what these spots are meant to look like before they just disappear?

Anonymous

Hi guys rashes just appeared on me 1st week of march and ive been diagnosed with PR on the 2nd week and im on my 3rd week now but rashes still keeps on appearing. I sunbath every morning for 10-20 mins and took bath with head and shoulders. What else can you recommend? Im getting depressed im afraid it wont go away. Please help.

Anonymous

I was diagnosed by my dermatologist with a biopsy. It had spread from the herald patch to scalp at one end and feet at the other end. I tried everything- tanning beds, black soap, bio oil, dandruff shampoo and more. Nothing worked. I was told it would only be there for 6 to 8 weeks. I had it for over a year. I found a cream on eBay called Prreze. It worked in 5 days. The dark patches cleared after a couple of weeks, but the rash and itch went away fast.

Anonymous

Hello ! It's been a week since it started spreading all around my body after having the first patch ( arms, neck, between gentiles and on my forehead ) it also started being itchy sometimes.
I have nothing to do but to wait for it to go I guess. It's so uncomfortable :(

I have lots of things planned I hope it goes away very soon ^^

Anonymous

I've been diagnosed with PR one week ago. When I first discovered my Herald patch, I didn't think to much about it. It appeared on my right hip and a couple days later it started to spread slowly but surely. It started appearing on my back, now it is spreading on my other upper chest, breasts a little bit on my neck, and my shoulders. Its also starting to itch incessantly. I've taken antihistamines, hydroxyzine, and put on hydrocortisone. NOTHING SEEMS TO BE HELPING

I'm also losing my mind and am stressing even more which I know isn't supposed to help and only make it worse. I've been taking vitamin C, L-lystine, and thistle milk. I've also gone to the tanning booth three times. It seems to make the old bumps go down, but the new rash areas just seem more irritated.

I just want this to go away. I can't focus on anything and it makes me so self conscious. My job is incredibly stressful and I'm sure that as added to the spread but I simply can't help it. Also hearing that exercise makes it worse is even harder. I know I just need to ride it out, but I just feel so pathetically hopeless right now.

My bf was in town too and all I could think about was how disgusting I personally felt...

Hi! Currently have had mine for almost 2 weeks . I take warm showers and I heard using head and shoulders as body wash helps clear it up . I personally use white dove in lukewarm showers because heat made more bumps appear. I use ketaconazole cream prescribed by my doctor to focus on the herald (dark) patches but I put it everywhere since it became so bad. I use hydrocortisone cream after the first cream then I rub myself in organic pure 100% extra virgin coco nut oil. I apply the oil everytime I itch and massage it & it helps!! Now all of my bumps are dark and starting to go down & itch less I think I'm beating it. I realized my rosea rash came from wearing weave that I did not wash in advanced. Sad to say but I cut it out washed it and I immediately stopped itching more. I drunk a lot of water as well . it may be something your allergic to. Take an allergy test at the doctors also used mometasone furoate ointment because it cleared up my previous ecsema within a week. Also I'm a black woman of a Carmel skin tone so my spots are super dark brown. I'm not sure how long I'm gonna keep the scars but I look like a leopard and after the bumps go away I will be using fade creams and lemon juice

I'm currently in the same boat as you. I'm literally on week 2 of this skin ailment. Have you considered apple cider vinegar? I'm on my day 2 of orally taking it and applying it to the sores directly and it helps with the itch and visability.

(reply to Anonymous)

Hey this is my second reoccurrence, but I've found something that works quick! Bathe in any anti dandruff shampoo ( I used Selsun Blue extra strength) in warm water not hot. Then apply canesten cream to the spots, my own cleared up in one week

Anonymous

So i was diagnosed with PR a week ago and in 2 weeks from now I'm going to a new school, I'm freaking out because even though is december and where i am currently because of the holidays is cold and i can wear clothes that cover the rash where my new school is located it is actually very hot and i'm afraid my clothes will show the red spots and i'm just very scared that people might see it since i'm going to be the new kid and maybe i'm just nervous but can someone please tell me if this is going to finish before i begin classes in 2 weeks?

I really hope it cleared up for you before starting your new school! I'm 17 and go to a sixth form and I'm in a class full of girls, luckily it is cold where I live and I was able to cover it up. I have no had PR for 7 weeks and it is barely noticeable and not new spots have appeared. I hope you are doing ok!

Anonymous

Hello guys I've been touched by the PR as well and good news in only 2 weeks I got rid of it ! For me there were no pre symptoms , I discovered the horrible rash in the evening while I was trying a new sweater in a store...surprise!! So went to the doctor, got diagnosed and of course went home with the one advise: wait and it'll go away. Went to a second doctor and he told me about this mineral which actually makes the rash go away faster and prevents from recurring called Lysine. The next day I started taking 2 times per day Lysine pills ( 2 in the moring and 2 in the evening) , drinking more water , eating healthier (no sugar, fried stuff, coffee or alcohol). In the evening after taking a lukewarm shower I would moisturize my body with Eucerin cream (calming itch relief lotion) and just to make sure I would sleep well & not waking up cuz of the itchiness I put on top Calamine....and after 2 weeks all gone, it's possible!!hope this works for you, it really helped me out! good luck!!

Pityriasis Rosea