Q: 

how do I know when pityriasis rosea is healing?

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea almost 6 weeks ago. Apparently it takes 6-8 weeks to disappear, but I keep finding new spots every time I shower, new red spots seem to pop up. The first ones I got seem to keep changing. Does anyone know what these spots are meant to look like before they just disappear?

Anonymous

I am into my fourth month with PR. At one time, I had eczema, folliculitis and PR -- all at the same time. My PR -- I have it head to foot. And mine itch like mad. I have spent hundreds of dollars in OTC and prescribed meds. I am now going to try the extra virgin coconut oil "cure." If someone told me standing on my head naked in the town square would cure me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have been really sick in my life, but this, without a doubt, is the worst illness I have ever had. And yes, I call it an "illness" because it doesn't just itch, it hurts, burns, stings and put me in bed for a solid month. I spent the winter with ice packs on my back. This is an absolutely miserable affliction!

I know how you feel. I had it for 14 months, diagnosed at 9 months by biopsy. I even had sores in my mouth. My dermatologist just said it would go away on its own. I found Prreze on eBay, and it is an all natural cream with no steroids. Mine finally went away when I started using it and has not come back. It took only 5 days. I was thrilled. It is unsightly, itchy, ugly. You cannot live your life with PR. It affects everything. I hope yours goes away soon.

I ordered PRReze on Wednesday and paid a whopping price for fast shipping -- more than the product, in fact. I haven't seen it yet -- but I am desperate to see if it works. I am into my seventh month with this ghastly malady. It's even in my scalp. If I had a magic wand -- forget money -- I'd use it to make ALL of us well again.

Did the cream work for you ?? I just bought some to and paid $64 just for shipping i hope it works!

Hi Try tanning for 4 min every 2 days and head & shoulders shampoo extra strength clinical blue bottle orange inside the colour. Apply on the skin stay ten min after wash it then apply coconut oil and drop few drops of oregano , tea tree and lavander. Not to much tea tree.Apply to your body , get under the toungue 4 drops of oregano oil internal 3times a day and take dimateceous earth one spoon every morning diluated in water on empthy stomach . Good luck !!

Anonymous

Hi guys rashes just appeared on me 1st week of march and ive been diagnosed with PR on the 2nd week and im on my 3rd week now but rashes still keeps on appearing. I sunbath every morning for 10-20 mins and took bath with head and shoulders. What else can you recommend? Im getting depressed im afraid it wont go away. Please help.

It just takes time and it will go away. Be careful with the tanning though. Overdoing it can cause lasting marks once it heals.

Anonymous

I was diagnosed by my dermatologist with a biopsy. It had spread from the herald patch to scalp at one end and feet at the other end. I tried everything- tanning beds, black soap, bio oil, dandruff shampoo and more. Nothing worked. I was told it would only be there for 6 to 8 weeks. I had it for over a year. I found a cream on eBay called Prreze. It worked in 5 days. The dark patches cleared after a couple of weeks, but the rash and itch went away fast.

Anonymous

Hello ! It's been a week since it started spreading all around my body after having the first patch ( arms, neck, between gentiles and on my forehead ) it also started being itchy sometimes.
I have nothing to do but to wait for it to go I guess. It's so uncomfortable :(

I have lots of things planned I hope it goes away very soon ^^

Is it getting better? I have had it for close to two weeks now. My doc said it last between 4-8 weeks... How's your going?

Pityriasis Rosea