how do i treat my mild concussion??

i hit my head in the shower this morning and and felt as though i have a mild case of vertigo.. I have no insurance and can not afford another hospital bill what do i do.. please help!!

Thanks for your post and welcome. I'm so sorry insurance is an issue for you, it drives me mad that people don't have free access to decent health care.

Signs of a concussion are:

• Confusion
  • Loss of memory about the accident
  • Low-grade headache or neck pain
  • Nausea
  • Having trouble:
    • Remembering things
    • Paying attention or concentrating
    • Organizing daily tasks
    • Making decisions and solving problems
  • Slowness in thinking, acting, speaking, or reading
  • Feeling fatigued or tired
  • Change in sleeping pattern:
    • Sleeping much longer than usual
    • Trouble sleeping
  • Loss of balance
  • Feeling light-headed or dizzy
  • Increased sensitivity to:
    • Sounds
    • Lights
    • Distractions
  • Blurred vision or eyes that tire easily
  • Loss of sense of taste or smell
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Mood changes:
    • Feeling sad, anxious, or listless
    • Becoming easily irritated or angry for little or no reason
    • Lacking motivation
    You can read more more here including treatments and what to look out (eg. much of the above: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/concussion

Do you live with someone? Or can you stay with someone for the next few days? Someone (not you) need to keep an eye and ear out for confused thinking, slurring, over sleeping, vomiting, fatigue and other signs of injury.

You'll need rest and don't take any drugs or alcohol.

Also, I know you have no insurance but look into going to a free clinic near you to get checked out, I really hope you do that: http://freeclinics.us/

Vertigo Guide