How long will it take to recover from vitamin D deficiency?

I'm a 17 year old female and I was diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency about 3 weeks ago. I bought over the counter vitamin d3 2000 iu a day. My vitamin level was at a 14 but i'm sure it's increased now. My doctor switched and prescribed me with 5000 iu for only once a week. I'm realltreally scared because I feel like I'm too young to be going through this. I worry alot too. I get rapid heart beating, anxiety, and joint pain. I know I should hang in there but I feel like I'm getting worse every day. I am trying all that I can such as drinking milk, exercise, sunlight and just eating right. I just want you feel better already. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to share my story. And also... am I too young for this? Are my bones at risk for fractures when I grow older? Please and thank you to all that answered this.

Don't worry too much, you're on your way back to having healthy levels of Vitamin D again. 

Because our bodies don't make it naturally, we depend on food, the sun and supplements for it so it's easy to become deficient in this vitamin. 

Most Americans (including young Americans) are deficient in Vitamin D and experts are trying to bring attention to this. 

Do you know that up to 75% of Americans have a Vitamin D deficiency? 

You are on the right track getting back to healthy levels. Try to get some sunshine every day, even in winter. When you can't, milk, eggs and fish are good sources, as well as your supplement. 

You won't have any long term effects from this, don't worry about that. 

Keep taking your supplement and you'll be back to normal levels in a few more weeks. 

Thank so much Susan it really means alot. :)

Diet & Nutrition

Diet & Nutrition Guide