Infertility / Fertility

Infertility / Fertility Guide

ask: How to treat my hypoplastic uterus

i am 23.i have never had my menstruation.all my secondary sexual characteristics are normal but i have hypoplastic uterus and my ultra sounds reports show no follicular activity too.i m on hormone replacement therapy {progyluton}but still i couldn't bleed not even a single spot.. i am depressed and shattered.mydoctor says that my uterus is is gaining size slowly but again a year has passed and nothing is happening i am depressed and shattered...plz help me?what should i do?

Anonymous

I HAVE HYPOPLASTIC UTERUS .I HAVE DONE PELVIC ULTRASOUND .MY OVERIES ARE SMALL.ARE THERE ANY MEDICINE FOR INCRESING SIZE OF UTERUS IN INDIA ?PLEASE HELP...........

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Uterine hypoplasia is a congenital disorder. This means it is present at birth. You had a small uterus when you were born. It occurs when the uterus fails to fully develop in the fetus.

The cause of this abnormal fetal development is not yet known.

Uterine hypoplasia may be one symptom of a broader condition known as Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH), a disorder in which the girl’s uterus and vagina are absent or underdeveloped, in addition to other abnormalities.

There are no medications to increase the size of the uterus. I would look into the availability of a blood test to check for MRKH. A hospital associated with a major university is a good place to start.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thank u mam for your reply .

are there no chance to conceive baby? my husband has good report of their sperm

Anonymous

Hi maryann ,
I need help here are my details My name is nwankwor uju emily,am from delta state in nigeria,based in abuja nigeria .i have a serious problem .i was 23 this november 27 this year.i have small breast no pubic hairs,i ran some tests and i found out that i have a hypoplastic uterus.am short in size ,with a weight of >30.i was born as a bridge baby.all my parents are tall, my younger ones are tall.i really need help.i tried calling but it couldnt go.please help me,am in pains because anyone who see me thinks am a small girl.please reply me with some details.if i can see you.or if you have a branch here in nigeria.thanks

I can appreciate your feelings, waiting for a positive change and yet seeing such little progress. But, there does appear to be progress, if your uterus is growing in size.

As you know, a hypoplastic uterus is a congenital, meaning present at birth, condition in which the uterus is very small in size.

It appears that the current treatment with hormone replacement therapy is working, even if slowly.

Finding a support group of women who are having a similar experience as you might be helpful for you. The support and friendship of people who know what you are going through might be the best therapy. Ask your doctor for referrals or recommendations for such a group.

snq (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

hi maryann.
can u plz tell me ....can this kinda congenital defects (like hypoplastic uterus etc) be diagnosed in the childhood of a kid???? or any specific clue regarding these kinda sexual (birth) defects in our male/female babies???? so tht we can contact the concerning doctor asap....????

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to snq)

Hello snq,

The female reproductive system develops from two ducts called the mullerian ducts. As the embryo develops, these ducts evolve to become the fallopian tubes, vagina, ovaries, and uterus. Abnormal development of the mullerian ducts results in congenital uterine malformation.

Symptoms of a hypoplastic uterus range from amenorrhea or the absence of menstruation, infertility, and recurrent pregnancy loss

A hypoplastic uterus is diagnosed on the basis of its small size as seen on an MRI scan.

Any congenital defects of the reproductive system cannot be detected at birth. Any concerns about an adolescent's normal development during puberty should be discussed with your pediatrician.

How many embryos do you think a fertility doctor should implant in a woman at one time?: