ask: How to treat my hypoplastic uterus

i am 23.i have never had my menstruation.all my secondary sexual characteristics are normal but i have hypoplastic uterus and my ultra sounds reports show no follicular activity too.i m on hormone replacement therapy {progyluton}but still i couldn't bleed not even a single spot.. i am depressed and shattered.mydoctor says that my uterus is is gaining size slowly but again a year has passed and nothing is happening i am depressed and shattered...plz help me?what should i do?

I can appreciate your feelings, waiting for a positive change and yet seeing such little progress. But, there does appear to be progress, if your uterus is growing in size.

As you know, a hypoplastic uterus is a congenital, meaning present at birth, condition in which the uterus is very small in size.

It appears that the current treatment with hormone replacement therapy is working, even if slowly.

Finding a support group of women who are having a similar experience as you might be helpful for you. The support and friendship of people who know what you are going through might be the best therapy. Ask your doctor for referrals or recommendations for such a group.

snq (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

hi maryann.
can u plz tell me ....can this kinda congenital defects (like hypoplastic uterus etc) be diagnosed in the childhood of a kid???? or any specific clue regarding these kinda sexual (birth) defects in our male/female babies???? so tht we can contact the concerning doctor asap....????

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to snq)

Hello snq,

The female reproductive system develops from two ducts called the mullerian ducts. As the embryo develops, these ducts evolve to become the fallopian tubes, vagina, ovaries, and uterus. Abnormal development of the mullerian ducts results in congenital uterine malformation.

Symptoms of a hypoplastic uterus range from amenorrhea or the absence of menstruation, infertility, and recurrent pregnancy loss

A hypoplastic uterus is diagnosed on the basis of its small size as seen on an MRI scan.

Any congenital defects of the reproductive system cannot be detected at birth. Any concerns about an adolescent's normal development during puberty should be discussed with your pediatrician.

Infertility / Fertility

Infertility / Fertility Guide

How many embryos do you think a fertility doctor should implant in a woman at one time?: