husband has no interest in sex....

By October 17, 2009 - 2:49pm

I am 23years old and my husband is 24 we had a wonderful sexual relationship, when we first got married and while we was dating, we dated two years and then got married, been married for two years now. When we was dating we did oral sex, but no intercourse. No he wants no sex at all. It seems there is nothing I can do to turn him on or to get him in the mood, I have tried everything. He dose not want to talk about it, just pushes it off every time. I have bought him Vitamins, and tried candles, sexy things. Nothing. I don't know what to do, I feel no neglected and useless. My sexual needs are not being met. Please if anyone can help.

My husabnd and I have been married 45 years and only had sex once. Im not sure what went wrong but what ever it was it went wrong. Its taken me years for me to accept that I wasn't the problem . It was like when the I DOs were over something switched off in his brain. He's live our whole marriage in the basement and I have the upstairs. He connects with no one hasn't a phone, TV, computer or a radio. He looks terrible long gray hair and scraggly beard and wears old polyester clothes.

Dear Ashley

I'm sorry you are dealing with it, especially being so new into your marriage.

You are being neglected but you're definitely not useless. In fact, we have many women here on EmpowHer who are in your exact situation. As we tell them, and will now tell you - unless he tells you what's wrong, you'll simply never know. The fact that he won't discuss it with you at all is as worrisome as the fact that he's not having sex with you. Somehow, in some way, he is going to have to open up to you in order to solve this problem.

Since we have covered this topic so deeply here on EmpowHer, I'll link you to the most active thread. You'll find you're not alone at all and I think if you read other women's experiences, you'll learn at lot. Please read them and let us know what you think, back here on your own post. We look forward to talking with you more.

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide