Hyper pigmentation from Bergamot!

I had a bit of a faux pas with bergamot and needless to say, a patch of my skin on the side of my wrist that had the oil on it was exposed to the sun. Now I have a big dark spot. This happened 1x .. It's been a week and while it doesn't hurt anymore it's still dark. Please tell me it will fade! Anything I can do to speed up fading??

Thanks for your post.

For what reason were you using bergamot? It's not considered very safe on the skin - it has been linked to skin cancer, especially when exposed to the sun. Are you using it for psoriasis or as a perfume? You have to be very careful with some essential oils and bergamot is definitely one of them. 

Either way, the hyper pigmentation can take weeks to months to clear. Hopefully in your case, it will be weeks. 

Hydroquinone is the most common cream used to treat hyper pigmentation but do check with your doctor first before using it.  Retin A is also used. But you have to keep out of the sun.

Contact Dermatitis

Contact Dermatitis Guide