I am 36 and my weight is 48 KG! is this weight ok to get pregnant as I'm trying to get pregnant but not successful as yet ?

I had miscarriage last year , I have taken Swab test and Cervical Check both are normal.Me and my partner have O+ blood gruop.We have been trying for the baby for the last 7 months but still no success?

For the last three months I don't enjoy sex at all.I don't get charged and most importantly from inside I'am dry and sex become painful for me.I don't enjoy anything about sex! why and what could be the reason?

Dear Susan
Thnx for your reply.
- I'm 36 years.I have been trying to get pregnant for the last one year.I used ovulation kit just last month so I am not sure if I was fertile before that or not.Obviously, if that were so I would have conceived.
- By taking conceiving tablets/medicine I mean the drugs, that are available over the counter.
-Moreover could you shed some light on that every month my bbt rises, my breasts gets tender or some times swollen but I don't conceive, what could have been wrong?
-Last year when I tried to get pregnant I was within one month but unfortunately had miscarrige and D n C. Right after six months we have been trying for baby but no success.

Hope this clarifies some picture about my health.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Rabea Tabassum)

Hi again, Rabea

I'm not sure what over the counter methods would work for you. Can you name the ones you are thinking of?

If you are over the age of 35, standard American policy is that you (and your husband) should be checked for hormone levels and possible fertility issues. The good thing is that you did conceive but it ended, very unfortunately, with a miscarriage.

Every month, when you bbt rises and you have tender or swollen breasts, is an indication of ovulation (that's a good thing) and then PMS - meaning your period is coming. It seems that you're ovulating fine, you're just having difficulty getting pregnant. Many women miscarry (it's not uncommon for a first pregnancy to be lost by miscarriage, through nature - there is no fault to be placed.) Just because we have sex when we ovulate, does not mean a pregnancy is to be expected.

I think it's time to go to a doctor who agrees that any woman over 35 who is having regular sex, monitoring ovulation and wants to get pregnant and is not successful, may need treatment.

I would also highly recommend that your husband get tested too. His fertility may be the issue here, not yours.

What do you think?

I am sorry about your miscarriage last year. I know (first-hand) how difficult it is to be trying for many months and not conceive, but it really does take many couples up to 12 months to conceive. Each cycle you have "only" a 20% chance of conceiving.

Let's talk about your physical health first. You said your weight is 48 kg (about 105 pounds), and it is important to know your height, in order to know if this is an adequate weight for your body.

What was the reason for your miscarriage last year? Have any doctors talked with you about your weight?

After I hear back from you, to rule out medical conditions from above, and learn more about your miscarriage, let's then talk about your lack of desire for sex (which could also be a medical condition, or emotional health issue between you and your partner?).

(reply to Alison Beaver)

Hi Alison,

Again many thanks for your reply.

The doc didn't tell me the reason for miscarriage.As per her 90% of the women usually have miscarrige in their first attempt.Yes, at that time my health was not very well.On my height of 5'4 I was only 42 KG. I was also going through some family crises.

I am also a migraine patient,and when my period date is due, it gets worst.Doctor has advised me to take Panadol only and have rest when I have headache.

(reply to Rabea Tabassum)

Hi Rabea,
Most doctors want couples to be actively having unprotected sex for at least 12 months (consecutively) before trying fertility treatments.

What has your doctor said about your health?
It is important to ask your doctor what the cause of your previous miscarriage was (if known), and what you can do in the future to prevent it (please know: MOST miscarriages are not preventable; I only ask since it sounds like you may have had excessive stress with family crisis and you stated your "health was not very well").

What treatments are you using for your migraines? Have you spoken to your doctor about these treatments, and if they are safe while pregnant? If you are taking Panadol, it is helping?

So...this is all in the past. What are you doing now to try to conceive?
- Are you having sex 2-3 times per week, unprotected? I think I remember you mentioning in one of your posts that you had a low sex drive?

- Is your health better now? What are you doing to relieve stress? How are you taking care of yourself?

- What has your doctor said about fertility treatment? Some doctors will prescribe fertility drugs to women; other doctors stick to the "12 month" rule.

(reply to Alison Beaver)

Hi Doc,
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier the reason was, I used Ovulation kit to detect my most fretile days.I Did detect my most fertle days and we had intercourse during that time.
Right after two days I had a severe cramp in my lower stomach which I thought may be I have conceived(as I've read wen a women conceives some women usually get cramps.I seemed to had all symptoms of having conceived(backache, breast tenderness, rise in bbt) but exactly on my due date I got periods.Infact just spotting, which is today.
I took home pregnancy test which was -ve to my disappointment.I really don't know whats wrong, like every after alternate month I have this same feeling/symptoms of being conceived but result is -ve.
Now to reply to your qs:
- As per my doctor I'm perfectly fine.All the test like swab, cervical and blood test were normal.
- For the migraine I'm taking Panadol only and infact now I get migraine attack rarely.
- Yes, we try to have sex 2-3 times in a week and unprotected.My sex derive has been the same i.e low.
- My health is better now but yes, I get tired very quickly.
- I visited my doc just last month n he said I don't need any fertility treatment.sticking 12 month rule.
- Do you think when I'm able to detect my fertile days. Is it ok to take conceiving tablets/medicine to get the desired result.

hoping to hear your good advice soon.

Hi Rabea

Thanks for your update (and just to clarify, unless otherwise indicated via title, you are being answered by a moderator who is not a medical doctor, even though Alison is highly qualified health educator.)

If you are under 35 (and I see that you are in good overall health now) you will, as your doctor said, have to wait 12 months before he will see you (and your husband) for possible fertility concerns. It takes many women up to a year to naturally conceive.

Can you tell us how old you are and how long you have been trying to get pregnant?

Rabea. when you ask about 'conceiving tablets' do you mean taking a medication like Clomid? This is a fertility drug that helps with ovulation. If you have no problem with ovulation, it's unlikely that your doctor would prescribe it for you since these is used for women with very irregular cycles or who ovulate only on occasion.
Is this what you mean by saying conceiving medication?

I look forward to hearing from you soon!