i am 42 i didnt have a menstrual period for 6 months now i have had 2 in 1 month and bleeding again

do i need a pap test...had 1 two yrs ago

HERWriter Guide (reply to romeo)

I don't know if you need a pap test - that is to test for cervical health including the HPV virus and STD's. If you feel you need a test then contact your doctor.

At 42, you may be entering perimenopause whereby the menstrual cycle can become erratic.

Our cycles are determined by our hormones so I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor to have some blood tests and/or a physical exam to see what is going on.

my doc told me that i have to wait till i havent had a period for a yr to do test for menopause..

Perimenopause Guide