Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

ask: I am experiencing white discharges from my nipple and having some itchiness around breasts. Please help me.

When my husband and I had sex and suddenly he found some whitish fluid similar to milk from the nipple. Now we do not have sex as he is in abroad on work. Since we found the fluid last month, now I found some fluid comes from the nipple. I am afraid of this situation. Also I am getting itchiness around my breasts, which force me to scratch. Please help me to resolve these problems.

Anonymous

I experienced a similar situation... one fine day I found my breasts heavier than usual. I experienced pain and discomfort. In order to relieve the pain I started massaging my breast... when all of a sudden I noticed tiny droplets of white fluid oozing out. That scared the hell out of me...as I am not yet married! I don't know if it is normal... do i need to visit a doc? I do suffer from pain and always link it to PMS. It is only when i massage too hard do my breasts start to ooze fluid...not much...the drop is just the size of a pin head. please help me out.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Some women get nipple discharge and some don't. It's generally harmless and some of these women have never been pregnant or breastfed (being married has no correlation here).

If you are worried about it, by all means call your doctor but for most women, it's normal and harmless. Why are you massaging your breasts so hard? Are you doing it to see if there is fluid? You might not want to do that anymore, especially if it's painful.

Again, if you are concerned, feel free to call your doctor and thanks for writing!
~Susan

morning_dew (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you Susan, I was just disgusted with my PMS blues that I ended up doing something like that...it was only later that I came to know that pain and heaviness of the breasts are quite normal during that phase. Stupid me!

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hi Anonymous

You need to see your health care provider as soon as possible. This is not a normal occurrence, and could be signs of infection or other illness/problem if you are not pregnant.

Please see your provider and keep us posted. If we can help further, please let us know. Good luck to you.

Anonymous (reply to Cary Cook BSN RN)

I checked with my Healthcare provider & got some tablets for one month; later after 3 months it is again I found milk like substance on the nipple and having pain over the area; Please note that I have not had sex for the past 6 months as my hubby is out of country. Please help me.

Thanks so much for your update.

If the pain and discharge is back (it may be milk-like but not actually milk) then you need further testing. I think you may have been given tablets to "dry up" milk - is that correct?

You may need a mammogram to check for growths or lumps or at least a full breast exam by your health care provider. You may have some kind of infection that can be cleared up quite easily once diagnosed.

Can you tell us what kind of pills you were given or what your doctor told you this discharge was?

Can you schedule an appointment and let us know how it goes?
~Susan

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: