I am looking for a recommendation for something to use to monitor my heart rate at work during the day and while I am sleeping. I don't think I can stand to wear a chest strap for any length of time.

By Anonymous March 13, 2012 - 9:36am

I have both tachycardia and bradycardia and am to start a beta blocker. I want something to accurately keep tabs of what my heart is doing during times that I can't use a blood pressure monitor.

it is great, and gives me much help...

Hello. I have a Mio Motion (petite) Heart Rate Watch, I got it after doing a LOT of research online and then standing in Best Buy for about an hour taking and re-taking my heart rate with every one they had available. In the end, the one I had decided upon from my online research (Mio Motion) is the one I got. Then I tested it for accuracy while in my cardiac rehab program (I had a MI & have a pLAD stent as a result) during which I was wearing an EKG monitor. And it is, as it states, EKG accurate!

Thanks so much for this information, I hope it helps our members when choosing what to use.

There are many kinds of heart monitors that might fit your needs (some that look like watches) but many of these are used by people in sports, rather than people who have heart problems. Although I'm sure that some of these monitors may be just what you need, I think it's better to get a recommendation from your own doctor, based on your individual needs.Unfortunately, we cannot recommend one brand or type over another.

I hope others who use a heart monitor read this and can give you their own input.

Tachycardia Guide