I am a woman of 34 years old. I havent had my mestrual periods for the past 2 months. I have done some blood test including hormones. My FSH Levels came out as high as 88%? My doctor says it might be premature ovarian failure. How do I treat that?

Thank you for your question!

Premature ovarian failure is when the ovaries fail to work properly, preventing regular periods and often preventing ovulation. Some women get no periods at all. This can and does cause infertility in women.

Treatment for this includes estrogen therapy which often includes progesterone therapy too. This can replace what the body cannot do and cause periods to start or become more regular but this does not mean you can get pregnant. Women with POF usually choose IVF or adoption in order to have a child.

Other who are not interested in having children often stay on the medications until the age when menopause would naturally occur.

Has this helped you? Has your doctor discussed your options with you? Since this is only going on for a couple of months, I would suggest further investigation to see if what's going on is due to something else.