I Don't Think my Boyfriend wants me

By February 21, 2011 - 8:55am

well we've been together for almost a year, and he's still the same as ever
sweet, funny caring, but when it comes to intimate things, i dont know, for example when i say something intamte or, excuse my language,"dirty", he just dissmisses it, and doesnt say anything, he doesnt tell me he wants me, even though he knows i want him, he tells me he loves me, and i belive him, he's been through alot for me...but is there true love without intamacy? becaus i honestly feel like he doesnt want me. - please help your awnsers are VERY much appreciated

Thank you for your comment (: . no our relationship is completly sexless. i feel uneasy about things now a days, i start to wonder, and i... i dont want things to end between him and i but i feel like i m wanting him less and less

HERWriter Guide (reply to JennBautista)

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for your update.

Are you comfortable ending the "relationship" part of things and remaining as good friends instead? I don't think any man could possibly be surprised that he cannot have a romance with a woman with no intimacy, if she's not interested.

Let me know how things go for you,

Hi Jenn

Of course there can be true love without intimacy among humans, like in family, parent/child or best friend relationships.

But in terms of romance, I'm sure there is "true love" without sex, as long as both parties are happy with that scenario. But it's pretty unusual.

In your circumstance, though, it's not a good thing since you both want different things. You want a sexual relationship and he, though wonderful, does not. This therefore, is not a healthy relationship because neither of you are getting your needs met.

Are you having sex just a little, or rarely? Or is your relationship romantic but completely sexless?

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide