I had implants in 1997.Should i go have them taken out or just check for leakage?

By Anonymous January 25, 2012 - 9:58am

I have my yearly mamograms.

Are you worried that your implants may have come from the French manufacturer (Poly Implant Prothese)that sold faulty implants to doctors and hospitals?Where did you get the implants done? I have not read anything about them being sold to the medical community in the USA but they may have been. My impression was that they were distributed to Europe, South America and Australia.

If you did use these implants, you do need to be checked and you may need to have them removed but you certainly need to be examined as the risks of leakage or rupture is there.

If you have different concerns other than the ones I talked about above, consult your doctor.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide