Miscarriage

Miscarriage Guide

ask: I had a late period and when it came it was black blood then stopped for hours and then slowly became red blood that only lasted few days,what does this mean?

By BellaxSx

I was late by 10 days on my period and thought I was pregnant ,I had no cramping pain but on the 11th day I got out of bed and went to toilet and I had black blood coming from the vagina this lasted around 5 hours then it stopped and there was nothing no blood whatsoever until later that evening and it slowly became a dark red.my stomach was bloated before the bleeding and I ate quite alot and still to this day my stomach is bloated and i eat a lot which is abnormal for me,I have had moments where I have felt sick and simetimes been sick also I seem to be tired more often and sleep more This happened last month. Could I be pregnant or is there something else wrong ?

Hi BellaXsx

Thank you for your post.

It is possible that you may have miscarried but if it was last month it may be too late to know. I think it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant nonetheless.

Dark blood is often old blood so this may have come out before the regular red blood that is your period. Take a pregnancy test and since you are still unwell, I think it's a good idea to see a doctor.

Our best to you,

Have you or has anyone you know ever had a miscarriage? :