i had a misscarriage can u pl help me to y does it happen?

i had a misscarriage during 7 week .A light spoting was there at that time only when &
consulted a Dr they give some magnisium & some intra vaginal tablets after a week i lost my baby so pl let me know why does this happen.And when can i try for next baby ?

Thank you for your question and I'm very sorry you had to go through a miscarriage. I hope you have a lot of support at home - do you?

The first thing you need to know is that you did absolutely nothing wrong and had nothing to do with your miscarriage. You are not at fault for anything at all.

A miscarriage can happen for many reasons - most of them often unknown. The body identifies that the pregnancy is not healthy and breaks down the pregnancy in order to avoid what could have been a very ill child or one that would not make it through the 9 months of gestation. The most common reason is a chromosomal problem in the baby that will not allow the baby to develop any further. Miscarriage is also more common in older women or with women who have health issues or unhealthy lifestyles (drugs etc).

You can read a lot more, and read the stories of other women on our miscarriage page here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/miscarriage

If you are in good health, you can start trying for a baby as soon as your cycle is back to normal again which should be now, or soon.

I hope this helps you - please let us know.

Miscarriage Guide