i had sex a day before my due date of periods

By Anonymous December 6, 2010 - 9:19am

I had unprotected sex on 2nd dec and my due date was 3rd dec ( my periods are regular most of the time, but till oct my date was 7th and i had them early in nov i.e. on 3rd). I had the usual lower abdominal pain and high moodswings on 3rd dec but i did not have my periods on 3rd dec. I took a pill (unwanted 72) on 4th dec (within 50 hours). Its 6th dec today and i still have the lower abdominal pain but no periods. Am really worried since i just DONT want to be pregnant!!!

Please tell me when do i expect my periods and why am i having this pain then? Is it possible for the contraceptive pill to fail? Is there any unfortunate chance of pregnancy? When should i take a test for it to be accurate???

The success rate of emergency birth control is about 70% and since you had the unprotected sex the day before your period was due, then at least this was a safer (but not safe!) time than when you were ovulating (mid cycle).

I cannot tell you why you are having the pain - no person can on-line. It may be PMS or gas or any number of other reasons.

However, since you are late, you can go ahead and take a pregnancy test now and this should give you an accurate result and answer your question once and for all.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get the result you want!

Thank you so much for the answer firstly. Secondly i want to tell that today morning i bleeded a bit (just once) but that was all and the whole day there's been no bleeding. Cant say if this is period or not. Also i've read at places that the test might be inaccurate untill it's atleast a week or two after sex. But its just been 5 days since i had sex.

Hi again, Anon!

It sounds like you are getting your period, give it another day or two. Sometimes periods start and stop before really starting again. It's unlikely that you're pregnant so wait another day or two and let us know if your period has come (I think it will but one never knows in these cases).

I hope to hear some good news from you soon!

Indeed you were right. :) Its here finally!!!
Thank you sooo much. :D