I had unprotected sex 17 hrs after takin I pill. is there any chance that will get pregnant. I didn't take another I pill after that.

By Anonymous April 6, 2015 - 12:53pm

Birth control pills can be up to 99% effective in preventing pregnancy. However, women who are taking birth control pills, on rare occasions, could get pregnant. When this happens, it is most often because of something the women did, not because the pill itself somehow failed to work. There are a number of reasons why a woman on birth control pills could become pregnant. The most common is that she neglects to take the pill on one or more days. See here: http://aboutgettingpregnant.com

Emergency contraception - when taken as directed - is 90-95% effective if taken within 24 hours.