Gastritis

Gastritis Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: I have erythematous mucosa in the antrum. What in the world does that mean?

By volup

Anonymous

I had a endoscopy where they discovered stomach nodules(penduculated),and erythematosus mucosa.They took a picture inside me of it,brown/red large circle fairly dark color.After biopcy, was told erythematosus mucosa with mild reactive aptypia.I have reduced gluten,yeast,bread,refined packaged foods am have improved.Exercise,and dont eat much gluton,or white bread,and cut your sugar down .My nodules were biopsied but report never was provided ,even after many requests.The info is missing.I have many growths on liver,neck,adrenal,lung,intestines(intestinal adenomas removed) and i'm losing weight,and have pressures and numbness in various parts of my body.But doctors dont want to do anything until they grow larger.So with symptoms i go back to work to save $,and hope for the best.Nausea bothers me as well.Good luck with your stomach condition and pancreatic problem.

Christine Jeffries

Thanks for finding EmpowHer, and for your question.
From what I've found online (google search on the condition), it sounds like the lining of your stomach is irritated at the upper curvature portion of the organ.
Did your doctor perform a biopsy to find out what is causing the irritation? Do you have celiac disease? These things were often related to entries I found online. Are receiving ongoing treatment from your doctor? Are you taking any medication for the condition? Has your doctor suggested restricting your diet at all?
Don't be afraid to ask your doctor to define those terms in ways you can understand. Be your own best advocate. Hope this information helps.

volup (reply to Christine Jeffries)

Yes she did do a biopsy. This all happened yesterday so have not gotten the results back yet. I also have stomach nodes which she biopsied. And she is testing for celiac disease. I also have chronic pancreatitis which restricts my diet quit a bit, but no we have not discussed diet for the other stuff.

Vonnie

Anonymous (reply to volup)

First, as a disclaimer I suppose, this basically only means that your stomach lining had inflammation and probably redness, which can be caused by peptic ulcers w/ H Pylori, or simply by aspirin, NSAIDs, or alcohol use.

Having said that, the fact that you also have chronic pancreatitis leads me to believe it probably isn't that simple. When I was biopsied for Celiac Disease in January, 2010, one of the observations was, "Diffuse moderately erythematous mucosa with no bleeding was found in the gastric antrum," the Gastroenterologist ultimately said the test was negative for Celiac Disease. In spite of this diagnosis, upon going gluten free, I experienced significant improvement in physical health as well as neurological health. Chronic Isnomnia, ADD, and chronic, general fatigue began to resolve, and did so even more when I added recommended supplements.

I felt compelled to write this in hopes that you'd receive it by email, because I'm willing to bet you were told the test was negative for Celiac Disease; however, unless you've been fortunate to meet a physician who ordered IgA and IgG blood testing for gliadin antibodies, I'd say the likelihood that you have Gluten Sensitivity is significant. Gluten Sensitivity along with ulcers would lead to leaky gut followed by a resulting autoimmune reactivity of the gluten or antibody-gluten proteins within other organ systems (via the blood stream, through the stomach lining), which would explain both the stomach inflammation as well as the pancreatitis (and future, new autoimmune disorders which will arise if you're gluten sensitive and continue to have gluten).