i have an over working gallbladder.

By December 7, 2011 - 10:10am

i have had pains under my rib cage for many years. it comes and goes at times. a couple months ago my doctor sent me in for a hytascan (i think thats how thats spelt) because he wasnt quiet sure what exactually the problem was other than we had narrowed it down to my gallbladder. come to find out my gallbladder is working at 98% due to the high stress and anxiety i had in my life. since then i have changed alot in my life style to reduce that. i havent had an attack for months till this past month. im just wondering if there is any way to reduce how much my gallbladder is working?

Hi miss.karri

Thanks for your post and welcome!

For optimum gall bladder health, consider your diet. There is a special gall bladder diet you can follow - check it out here: http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderdiet.shtml

With regard to your gall bladder - if your HIDA scan results are at 98% you may have to consider removal. Have you discussed this with your doctor? Are you on any medication?

i watch my diet farily close. im always watching what i have eaten when i start having my attacks and try to limit certian things.

i have considered removal and talked to my doctor about it, i am on no medications for it the only thing i really take is my birthcontrol. i would get my gallbladder removed but with the fact i am without insurace right now and i do not have the money to pay for surgery that is not an option for me.