Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: I just found out I have a nodule in my stomach. Wonder if it will go away?

I have a nodule in my stomach. I had endoscopy done, and now I am having an endoscopic ultrasound done real soon. They took a biopsy of it but I'll have to wait a week for results. I was wondering why a nodule comes about and if they ever go away or if they have to be removed? Thank-you.

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Anon - What wonderful news!! That must be quite a relief for you. Why are you not feeling well? Is there something we can do to help?

Anonymous

Pat- got results back on ultrasound all is good - Thanks for your help - Still not feeling well--- Maybe soon.

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Anon - You're welcome! Will you let us know the results of your ultrasound? We wish you the very best.

Anonymous

Thank you so much for this site-It was the only thing I could find on the same procedure I was having----I have been so scared -This has really helped me! no cancer in my first biopsy tomorrow I am getting my ultrasound- Scared to death but I think it is good that no cancer was found on first-thank you for making me feel better.

Yay indeed!

Congrats - keep up the checkups and kudos to you for keeping on top of things even when really scared. Any kind of lump or bump is quite terrifying.

Stop by anytime if you have a question or to share information! You have made my Saturday much better by sharing your good news!

Thanks for your awesome support in such a scary time! =)

Anon

I'm thrilled for you! Yay for harmless nodules!

Good luck with the next biopsy but so far so good (all things considered). Keep us posted and I'll be looking out for your update. And THANK YOU for coming back to us, I had wondered how things were going with you.

Best-

I just found out that everything is okay!!! Yay no cancer!!! I just have to get checked out once every year to see if the nodule grows. If it does I will have to get it removed. I am so very relieved! Thanks for all of your support!

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

Nodules are small masses of tissue, often quite hard, that grow in many areas of the body. They can happen through accident or injury - the tissue groups and hardens as a response to physical trauma.

Most nodules are harmless and are left as they are, if they are not causing discomfort. However, some are malignant (and thus probably not caused by an injury) and need to be removed pretty quickly with further action needed (cancer treatments). Your doctors are doing what they are doing in order to rule out a malignancy.

Take comfort in knowing that most nodules are harmless but since a small portion are not, your doctors are doing the right thing.

Best of luck to you, I know this is probably a scary time. Will you update us when you get your results back?

I have got the results back from the endoscopy, and the nodule is not cancerous. I will get the results back from the endoscopic ultrasound in a week or two. They took a second biopsy that was deeper. So I will get those results back in one or two weeks.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: