I was just given Brisdelle for peri menopause , I also take 5htp should I continue taking the 5htp?

Is this med just for hot flashes or does it help with depression and mood swings?

Brisdelle is specifically for hot flashes and the home page of it's website specifically states is is not for any kind of depression or psychiatric disorder. 

Make sure you always know what you are taking, side effects and what it does and does not do for your body. Your doctor should have explained this to you. Always do your own research too, that will help a lot. 

You will need to discuss this medication and it's impact on other meds you are taking. Always do with as soon as your doctor prescribes something new and it's a good idea to check with the pharmacy too. I do this every time and it really made an impact once. 

Good luck with your symptoms and if you are feeling depressed, please talk to your doctor about it. There are many treatment plans and nobody should have to live with feelings of depression. 

Menopause Guide