Pregnancy Guide

ask: IDK if Prego?!?

Hello,
My name is brandi. I was wondering if any one could help me understand if i am prego or not. Okay here is how it all started. Me and my boyfriend were hanging out one day, and it was the day after my period was over. He started to rub up against me. He rubbed up my whole entire vigina area. There was pre-cum there. Ive talk to my mom about stuff like this before, and she said the only way a girl can get pregnant is through intercourse, and okay so i took that into consideration. Well im just trying to figure out if i could be pregnant. Even though we did that stuff a day after my period was over im just wondering if i could maybe be prego? If you could help me out in responding i would greatly apperciate it.
Thank you so much,
~Brandi~

ennairb

Your not prego. During your period it "flushes" out the egg that you would use to get prego. After that it takes about 14 days to rebuild or reform your egg. about 12-16 days after your period its called ovulating were your egg is ready to be fertilized. Your fine. but if you start to get symptoms go see your doctor.

Anonymous (reply to ennairb)

Thank you so much for the response I greatly apperciate it!
Thank you!!!!!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Brandi

Your Mom is wrong, you can get pregnant without intercourse. Pre-ejaculate usually contains life sperm (unless the man has urinated right before or has sex and then urinated - there are a couple of scenarios like this) and when pre-ejaculate is around the genital region, pregnancy can occur with penetration.

Also, some women ovulate early - as early as day 8 or 9 into their cycle which would mean three or four days after their periods. So having pre-ejaculate that contains sperm around your vaginal opening can cause pregnancy because sperm can stay alive in the body up to 5 days.

These are the facts surrounding sperm and pregnancy but bear in mind your risks are probably very low in this instance. But because most women don't know exactly when they ovulate unless they are tracking it carefully, there is no real "safe" time to have sex. The best thing you can do is use condoms at all times.

Thanks for writing!
~Susan

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :