Pregnancy Guide

ask: If I forgot to take my birth control pill for 3 days could there be a chance I am pregnant?

By Finner86

I have just started a new pack of Zenchet and it was my first one and have taken the pill for 3 days due to pharmacy issues. I have had unprotected sex in the last 2 days. Is there any chance I could be pregnant?

jo-annie

I would like to know.. Is it possible to still be pregnant if you missed 3 pills during the last week of your box of pills and had unprotected sex right before? I have a very light flow right now and for about 2 days of forgetting my pill I had those big mega killing cramps on the left side of my lower abdomen. I did read somewhere that it is possible to have your period and still be pregnant.. it this true? And also I was wondering if starting your FIRST box of birth control 2 weeks or maybe a bit less after your last day of period could be bad and raise the chances of being pregnant? I read somewhere once again that it could and also it could form two eggs in you... once again is this true? Thank you for answering my questions :)

Anonymous

You could definately get pregnant by missing a pill for three days. Some women who are very fertile and sensitive to the hormones in the pill can get pregnant after only 4 or 5 HOURS after missing a pill. If you want to avoid getting pregnant, you may want to go grab the Plan B pill from your local pharmacy (just ask the pharmacist for it). I think you have to be 17 to purchase it, but if you're not 17 you could just have a friend buy it. I think they're around $50. But you have to hurry because they really only work well for up to 3 days.

Hi Finner86!

Thanks for clarifying the last part!

Are you saying that the Zenchent pack you just started was your first ever pack? What were you using last month?

If you just started (when is "just started" - do you mean in the past seven days?) and then missed three pills in a row and then had unprotected sex, then you have raised your risk for pregnancy.

You may want to consider getting the Plan B pill today. It is effective for 72 hours after unprotected sex but is best used quickly. You can get it at any drugstore/pharmacy and it does not need a prescription.

Have you corrected your pill cycle by following the directions on your pill packet?

What do you mean by "pharmacy issues"?

Please update with a some answers to my questions (sorry there are so many!) and we'll be happy to help you more!

Finner86 (reply to Susan Cody)

I have only taken this type of pill for a month, i was not using any other birth control due to a miscarry 2 months ago and the doctor advised me to wait on the pill until my body was back to normal. I have never tried this type of birth control and I started the first pack on February 28th and just finished my first pack of Zenchet and needed to get another refill to start the new one (so I have missed 3 days right now of the beginning) as I was calling in to refill my prescription they told me that I need to have my Dr. send in a prescription refill, well my doctor or anyone else at the clinic did not get back to me until today.

Finner86

I mean have forgotten to take the pill*

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :