If I missed 8 pills in a row, could I be pregnant?

By August 27, 2010 - 11:56am

I went to get my pills refilled at the pharmacy, but the pharmasist had to call my dr because it has been a year since I last seen him. Well...I forgot to go and pick them. Nine days later I finally got them and took the first Monday pill, because it was Monday. I had intercourse twice in between that time frame. Could I be pregnant? I have been having horrible headaches and feeling nauseous during the day, or is it because I starting taking the pills again after not taking them for longer than 9 days because I had had my period the week before. I am taking low-ogestral. Please give me some advice?

Hi Stern!

As I'm sure you know, missing 9 pills does increase your risk of pregnancy (otherwise we wouldn't need our birth control pills!) and it's doubtful the headaches and nausea are due to a 9 day absence. You may have some kind of bug that may require a doctor's visit if it doesn't leave soon.

Keep taking your pills and then wait it out until your next period and you'll know for sure. Don't forget to always keep condoms handy for these situations!

Do update us when you get your period!