If No Cyst Then What Is This?

By June 21, 2012 - 5:44pm

Hi, Their is something I'm wondering about and I keep having a feeling that my doctor is misdiagnosing me and I'm scared. It's been almost 3 months that I have been having symptoms of ovarian cyst and when I had a abdomen and transvaginal ulrasound they told me everything is normal and I have no cyst there. I still experience symptoms of pain beside my left stomach to my lower left side of my back and my left leg, I was having symptoms of kidney infection twice, I feel nausea because of such pain, I get sharp pain around my breast area. I was feeling out of breathe couple times and had high fever few times as well. I do still feel discomfort and pain beside my stomach. Recently I keep getting my period late and my period flow became light. I heard that these are symptoms of ovarian cyst but I have no cyst there. What do you think this is? One day I feel fine another day the whole pain and symptoms come again. I'm scared of this feeling and I don't know what could this mean. My doctor told me to have a CT of my abdomen and pelvic which I'm having it done next week if for example I'm feeling okay with no symptoms and though I still feel pain would the CT show the problem?

I'm also having an MRI of the pituitary the same day and for the MRI and CT they giving me contrast. Since I'm having contrast twice is it bad or cause problem?

Please let me know soon.
Thank You,

I do know I don't experience anxiety. In some situations I might but generally I'm not some that can tolerate pain and when I wonder about something that's why I ask here. The pain and symptoms I'm experiencing now I know is coming from my stomach and that is why I'm going to have a CT done soon. I wouldn't go through such thing for no reason. I'm not like that at all to go through such matters like this. The other thing I know is since my period comes late and my period flow is light I heard it could be related to the issue I have. My doctor was telling me if I experience any severe I should go to emergency. Hopefully I don't end up feeling like that again. This test I'm having done I was told will explain everything. I hope you don't think anything weird about me. Sorry if I posted the same questions again I was in a hurry to know about this that's why. Generally depend on matter I want to take care of something's right away I'm pretty organized. Sorry about the same topic again. I really hope you don't think anything weird about me. I'm just hoping I feel better real soon from this issue I get real horrible pain in my stomach. I'm doing okay now but I have nausea.

Thank You,

Hi Melissa

We have covered your many health issues in as much detail as we can over the years. You need to ask your doctors these questions because you're looking for answers that we cannot properly provide. I'm not sure you understand that.

Here is an EmpowHER link all about abdominal CT scans and what they do: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/ct-scan-abdomen

I also think it's a good idea for you to talk to a a therapist about your constant anxiety over your health. You have some legitimate issues but in many circumstances your symptoms are likely anxiety causes, not physically caused.

Your general anxiety and symptoms may need to be talked about with a psychologist as well as a doctor. We have helped you with possibly over a hundred health questions and you are still posting almost daily with many worries and symptoms that sometimes turn out to be nothing - and this isn't good for your health.

Consulting a psychologist is something that can help.

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide