if the partner forgets their anniversary, what should they do?

By Anonymous December 6, 2010 - 1:03am

Hi Anonymous

Thanks for your question but I'm not sure I understand what kind of answer you need (we are a healthcare advocacy website).

I would assume they should say they are sorry and do something nice to make up for it - dinner, a gift, a card or even a night away should do the trick.

We're human and make mistakes so a meaningful apology should suffice, even though it is hurtful for the partner. The partner should accept the apology (as long as it's meaningful!) and perhaps the couple can come up with an idea to celebrate the anniversary together!

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide