Pregnancy Guide

misvives HERWriter Guide

ask: I'm 15, I barely get my period after having it for two years...?

Hi, im a 15 year old girl and a freshman in high school. I've had my period since the summer going into seventh grade. Its still not regular! I'm very slight; Im 5 feet tall and I weigh only 95 pounds. I dont diet or anything, i do eat, its just that my whole family is kind of small and skinny. I havent gotten my period in a couple months. I have done some stuff with my boyfriend inbetween, but nothing serious, he just fingered me and i gave him a hj. He did cum, but i was wearing underwear and did not get the cum on anything but my hands. I wiped them and washed them after. Could I be pregant, or is this just my period being weird again? I have been very tired lately, but then again, i do have a cold. I'm just kinda counfused and a maybe a tinny bit worried.

You can't be pregnant, based on what you've written. Many young women are small and slight - it's perfectly fine, especially if your family is like that!

But at 15, your period is probably still very irregular. It's not uncommon for them to be very light one month, heavy another and even to skip a month or two. Some women don't get a regular cycle until they are about 18 and others never have a regular cycle.

But at 15, this is not something you should worry about. You can mention it to your doctor on your next visit, just to make sure, but pregnancy is not something you need to worry about in this instance.

Just make sure if you do decide to have sex (and I advise you to go very slowly in this area and give yourself as much time, even years, to go there) an irregular cycle can make it very hard to get pregnant - OR - very easy, because you will not know when you are ovulating. Therefore using protection is extremely important.

I hope this helps you and best of luck-
`Susan

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :