i'm 45

I'm married and 45 yeas old do you think I should have children everyone that I know that is married has children I don't know what others would think about me being married and not having children so I thought I would get someone's opinion on what you think about me having children at this age

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

I think it's really important that you put aside other people's opinions. It doesn't matter what others think and they probably don't think about the fact that you don't have children at all.

A person should only have a child if that child will be welcomed, loved and taken care of. At 45, you are very limited in terms of getting pregnant on your own and there may be risks involved but that should not be a reason to not having a child. If you truly want to bring a child into this world, you need to do it for the right reasons, not because you think it's something society thinks you should do.

Parenting Guide