im confused about my conseption date.

By Anonymous February 6, 2012 - 9:51am

My dr believes that im 27 weeks pregnant based on my last period of July 26th. Although that was my second "period" that month. I am usualy regular, my period always came around the 10th of the month and last July i got one period July 9th and then again on the 26th. My period on the 9th lasted the usual 4 days. On the 26th it was 2 days and ALOT lighter than normal. I also have twins that run in my family so maybe the second period was a second egg that didnt get fertilized? Any body have any thoughts?

The doctor will generally go by your last menstrual period although depending on how much you bleed, it could have been implantation bleeding. But this kind of bleeding is very light spotting (a few drops here and there for a couple of days) that would not need a tampon. Was this the case?

An ultrasound should be able to give you a more accurate answer. Advise your doctor that you are not sure about the date of conception for the reasons you stated and ask for the ultrasound to be carefully checked.

As for the fraternal twins issue; no-one would be able to answer that categorically for you.