Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide

ask: Is it normal for a 23 yr old to lose her sex drive

By mrskj13

Im 23 me and my husband has been together for 6 years
Married for 4months and lately for like the past month or so everytime we get ready to have sex I'm extra dry down there! I love my husband and I'm turned on by him but for some reason its jut not happening.

Dr. Barb DePree Expert HERWriter Blogger

Many women find that intercourse if more comfortable with the addition of a vaginal lubricant. If you are interested in learning more about lubricants, types, how to use, check you this link to my website, MiddlesexMD where I discuss the nuances of vaginal comfort.
http://middlesexmd.com/vaginal-comfort

Hello mrskj13,

Your problem may be vaginal dryness and not lose of sex drive.

An estimated 17% of women between the ages of 18 to 50 experience problems with vaginal dryness during sex. This can be the result of decreased sexual arousal because of insufficient foreplay or psychological reasons, such as stress.

But there are other reasons. Vaginal dryness can be linked to hygiene products such as feminine sprays and harsh soaps, and swimming pool and hot tub chemicals.

Certain medications, such as allergy and cold medications, and some antidepressants, can also dry out mucous membranes, including vaginal tissues.

Have you tried water-soluble lubricants, such as KY Jelly, or a vaginal moisturizer? It may be worth a try, if you haven't already.

All the best,

Do you think medical companies should continue to search for a "female Viagra" in the hopes of one day receiving FDA approval?: