Is it normal to have your cycle change within weeks of last period?

By October 7, 2010 - 9:36am

My period ended about two week ago, now it has started again. Is this normal? How often those this change happen? Do I have anything to worry about? I asked because I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and took the emergency contraception two days after. Could this be a sideeffect?

Hi Susan, Anon and I (Kennie) are two totally different persons.

I used Postinor2, is it the same as Plan B, if not, are my chances of being pregnant still limited.

Thanks again,

HERWriter Guide (reply to Kennie)

Thanks Kennie

I got confused when another person popped in there!

You can read all about your medication here: http://www.nuvaringreviews.com/index1.php

I hope this helps.

If you are stressed, just take a pregnancy test - that is what they are for!

After 85 days, 1 missed period and 2 negative pregnancy test, my period finally came. Thanks guys for your patience and advice.

(reply to Kennie)

Hi Kennie,
Glad your situation seems to have resolved itself. Happy we could help.

i came on my period on oct 31 which i was spotting then the next 2 days i was bleeding then i started spotting again what does that mean ?

Is this Kennie?
If so, then you got your period! Congrats!

Hello again, i don't really know what is going on, I have been patient since your last comment and still trying to keep patient. It has been more than two weeks since my period was due to begin. I understand that the emergency pill can delay my period and think this is what is happening. My question is 'can my period be late for at lease a month before it starts again? With your advice and also friends, I have been told that this is normal and that stressing over it will continue the delay, so i try not to (eventhough it can be hard at times). I have taken two pregnancy test, the first week after it was due and week 2 also, both showed negative. I am holding off to see the doctor right now, but wanted to know if i should be overly concerned since it has been more than two weeks of no period. Also, i have been having period cramps, and my regular signs whenever my period is near, but still nothing (this is the weird part).

HERWriter Guide (reply to Kennie)

Hi Kennie!

If you took Plan B and know that it can change your cycle until the next month, and have two negative pregnancy tests, then you are not pregnant! Take comfort in that instead of stressing so much.

You have to remain patient since this is what happens when you take Plan B. It's a natural side effect (an irregular cycle for the month after).

I'm sure you'll get your period in the next couple of weeks.

Remember, it's normal for emergency contraception to throw off your cycle. I think you can trust that pregnancy test (they're usually pretty accurate), as long as you have not put yourself at any further risk for getting pregnant. I know it will ease your thoughts when you finally do get that period, but take heart, you did everything you were supposed to. If you are really concerned, you can call your doctor or go to a clinic to checked out by them.

Hello again, my question now is 'how long or what is the average delayed (the lateness) time for your period to resume?' I have now calculated that my period is about a week late for this month and panic as now set in, because there is the possibility of pregnancy. Upon realizing this i did however took the HCG pregnancy test and the results were negative. But some how, i think that i will feel alot better when my period actually shows up.