Is it safe to have unprotected sex 3-4 days after my period?

By December 3, 2010 - 12:24pm

I ended my period on Tuesday and was just spotting on Wednesday as a sign that my period was going to end. Today is Friday, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He didn't cum inside me and I took Emergency Contraceptives right after. Am I safe?

Anonymous

Hi I had my period July 6 and finished the 10th and I have a regular period. My boyfriend cumed inside me 2 times the 13th can I get pregnant ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is a risk for pregnancy when you have unprotected intercourse close to the time of ovulation. If your next period is late by at least seven days, test for pregnancy. That is the only way to know if you did become pregnant.

Anonymous

My girlfriend had her last period on 27th june - she and i ended up having unprotected sex on 4th july afternoon - though she took an emergency contraception pill within half an hour afterwards. Her age is 20.

Should we really be worried about her getting pregnant? We both are nervous.

Emergency contraception is used for emergencies only, not because you don't want to wear a condom or you can't wait. If you have access to EC 30 mins after sex then you have access to regular birth control.

EC is up to 95% effective when used correctly within 24 hours so her risk is 5% or less.

Anonymous

Hi,
The last day of my period was 07/27/16 and I'm usually pretty regular with my cycle. On the night from the 27th to the 28th, I had unprotected sex and my boyfriend came inside me, what are the chances of me getting pregnant? I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Was the last day of your period June 27? You were not at risk for becoming pregnant by having unprotected sex that night and into the next day. The reason is no egg to fertilize and no uterine lining left for the egg to implant.

To conceive, there must be a released mature egg. This happens during ovulation, usually mid menstrual cycle.

When you have your period, the flow is shed uterine lining. Following conception, the fertilized egg implants in the lining of the uterus. Here it grows and develops.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, We had sex 3 days after my last day of period. The last day of my period was on the 15th of May. On the 18th of may, We had unprotected sex. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? Thank you.

Since sperm can stay alive for up to five days and a woman can ovulate early if she has a shorter cycle, having unprotected sex three days after your period is not safe.

Simply put - if you want to avoid pregnancy, don't have unprotected sex.

Anonymous

hi! my partner is taking contraceptive pills, two days after her period we had sex and she take her pills again 1 day after our sex... is that safe? tnx

As long as she is taking her pills every day she is protected from pregnancy all month long.