Is it safe to have unprotected sex 3-4 days after my period?

By December 3, 2010 - 12:24pm

I ended my period on Tuesday and was just spotting on Wednesday as a sign that my period was going to end. Today is Friday, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He didn't cum inside me and I took Emergency Contraceptives right after. Am I safe?

Anonymous

HI, I'm on birth control pills but on the third week of the active pills I missed three days . My period came on OCT 29th and lasted to Nov 1 . NOW me and my bf had unprotected sex Nov 5 , he pee before having sex SExand he pulled out just in time but i was still worry so I took Take Action Pill the next morning 17hour from having sex . .. I just wanna know my chance of getting pregnant!!

HI Anon!

EC is 95% effective so you risk is extremely small - keep taking your regular pills as usual.

hi susan
my period ended today 11/15/2016 and my bf and i had unprotected sex. can i get pregnant?

Anonymous

HI! my period ended last saturday, i had unprotected sex this tuesday but he didn't come in me and he had peed and showered beforehand. i have a regular 7 day cycle, monthly periods. what are my chances of pregnancy? thank you!

If there was no ejaculation and your boyfriend peed before hand, there should be no risk of pregnancy.

However,for the future, the withdrawal method is risky.

Anonymous

Hello,
My boyfriend and i had an unprotected sex on the 16th of october(my period started on the 1st of october) usually my period lasts for 3 or 4 days but he pulled it out when he felt there is something that will come out. I'm worried because it was unsafe and i don't take any pills.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This was risky because withdrawal is not the most effective way to prevent pregnancy. Wait. If your period is late by at least seven days, or if you are really worried, test with an early response pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up.

Moving forward, please practice safe sex. He should use a condom, each and every time, from start to finish. You can choose an oral contraceptive taken at the same time every day, have an IUD inserted or get a Depo-Provera injection every three months.

Regards,

Anonymous

we had sex last october 10, her last bleeding was on the 6th which started on the 4th day of october. her next bleeding is around 1st of november since she is regular. is it possible for her to get preg?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Is she using any type of birth control, such as an IUD, that would cause such a short period of three days?

October 10 would have been day 8 in her menstrual cycle. Most women ovulate between day 11 and day 21. It might have been too early in her cycle to ovulate.

Her next period will give you the answer.

Regards,

Anonymous

hi maryann, my bf and me had unprotected sex 4 days after my menstruation. im 24-28 days cycle. do you think were safe from pregnancy?