Is it safe to have unprotected sex 3-4 days after my period?

By hakuna December 3, 2010 - 12:24pm

I ended my period on Tuesday and was just spotting on Wednesday as a sign that my period was going to end. Today is Friday, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He didn't cum inside me and I took Emergency Contraceptives right after. Am I safe?

Anonymous

My last period date was 7/11/2015 I had sex on 14/11 onwards...I expected this month period date is 5/12/2015 but it didn't come till now....I want to know that I'm pregnant or not...and if I'm pregnant means it is safe to have sex during these days?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There are no true safe days but the end of your cycle - the last 5-6 days are the safest. Having sex days after your period is not a safe time. If you want to know if you're pregnant then you need to take a pregnancy test. If you currently have your period then you are not pregnant.

Anonymous

Wanna know...had my period on the 5th of Nov. It stopped on d 9th...had sex on d 13th, could I be pregnant?

Yes, pregnancy could happen - you can test if your period is late.

Anonymous

same goes here. My period ended last tuesday or wednesday and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last friday. He ejacuated inside me but not deep. I don't know if pregnancy would be possible. I'm pretty worried tho.

Anonymous

Want to know about your opinion. My period ended the 3th of Dec and unprotected sex on the 4th and 5th. Just started taking BC pills in 3 or 4 days later. Decided to stop BC in 9 days later.. AM i safe right?

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Anytime you have unprotected sex, you have a risk of pregnancy. Is that what you are asking?

If you had sex without using any birth control, you have a risk for pregnancy. If you used birth control for a few days, then decided to stop, then the birth control would not be effective...a medication is only effective when you use it, right!?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Hello Alison Beaver

I think I am just confused .. I have never used a birth control pills for my whole life. I took a pack of BC last year from clinic and not been using it for a year. I am trying to correct these questions.. I had my period on Nov 28th and only lasted on Dec 3rd. Had unprotected sex with my guy from Dec 4th to 5th.. Was actually starting on BC of Dec7th and stopped it of the 15th was the last one I used. I was bleeding from vagina last fri.... went to hospital and thought something went wrong with me. Had blood works and urine test done which was coming negative as it was normal, though. As that began said I have an abdomen bleeding by dr. The BC screwed up my body but I think that pills may prevent me from getting pregnancy because of the pregnancy test was negative last week which was too early to have it tested. He suggested me to redo pregnancy test next week or two weeks, although, I think I should be okay for not pregnant, right?

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

I was responding to the anonymous comment/question that was posted right before my response.

I have not seen your original question.

You are saying that you "have never used birth control pills your whole life", so I am unclear what you mean that you "started on BC on Dec 7th and stopped on 15th). What does "BC" stand for?

I am very unclear what your question and conditions are, so I can provide this information:
- When you have unprotected sex without any type of birth control (pills, condoms, etc) you have a chance of pregnancy
- A pregnancy test is only accurate once you have missed a period (the period that would have started after unprotected sex). The test must be at least 2 weeks after sex to be accurate.

If you are having unexplained bleeding, I am happy that you are seeing a doctor, and follow your doctor's advice to re-test for pregnancy in two weeks.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thanks Alison.. it did help me.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: