Is it safe to have unprotected sex 3-4 days after my period?

By hakuna December 3, 2010 - 12:24pm

I ended my period on Tuesday and was just spotting on Wednesday as a sign that my period was going to end. Today is Friday, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He didn't cum inside me and I took Emergency Contraceptives right after. Am I safe?

Anonymous

Hi, We had sex 3 days after my last day of period. The last day of my period was on the 15th of May. On the 18th of may, We had unprotected sex. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? Thank you.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since sperm can stay alive for up to five days and a woman can ovulate early if she has a shorter cycle, having unprotected sex three days after your period is not safe.

Simply put - if you want to avoid pregnancy, don't have unprotected sex.

Anonymous

hi! my partner is taking contraceptive pills, two days after her period we had sex and she take her pills again 1 day after our sex... is that safe? tnx

As long as she is taking her pills every day she is protected from pregnancy all month long.

Anonymous

My girlfriend's last period was on 03/27/16 then we had sex last 04/22/16. Is it safe?

It's never truly "safe" to have unprotected sex if pregnancy is to be avoided but since it looks like her period is due soon, this is one of the safer times.

Anonymous

Me and my boyfriends just had Unprotected sex.. I ended my period on Tuesday of this week . (04/19/2016), he pulled out around 7 mins before he ejaculated. He peed before we had sex also if that has anything to do with it. When he did ejacualte it got on my thigh close to my knee and down on my foot. We wiped it off and off his hands . We didn't intercourse after that . And he didn't touch my body near vagina after that. Is it necessary to take a pregnancy test ? And are my chances slim to be pregnant. I'm very nervous about this. Please reply !

From what you have said, there is no risk of pregnancy.

Anonymous

hi susan

My gf period started 03/25/16 and her period was end at 03/30/16 we have a sex in 03/31/16 12nn if that safe?

There is no real safe time, certainly not in the first three weeks of the cycle. The days leading up to a period are relatively safe.

Since sperm can stay alive for up to five days and a woman can ovulate early if she has a shorter cycle, having unprotected sex after her period is not safe.