Is it safe to have unprotected sex 3-4 days after my period?

By December 3, 2010 - 12:24pm

I ended my period on Tuesday and was just spotting on Wednesday as a sign that my period was going to end. Today is Friday, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He didn't cum inside me and I took Emergency Contraceptives right after. Am I safe?

Anonymous

I just finished my minstrel yesterday 9/25/16 and my partner wants to have unprotected sex in a couple of days , what do I do? Is it safe to have unprotected sex couple daus after your minstrel? Am nervous about this.

It is not safe at all to have sex within a couple of days after having your menstrual cycle (period). Sperm can stay alive for 5+ days in your body - if you ovulate early you can get pregnant.

He needs to use a condom. Don't let him talk you into having unprotected sex, he needs to be responsible.

Thank you! I new it wasnt safe my guts/ instinct had a feeling tht something like that would happen. And yes ive told him many times I dont want unprotected sex I wan to be protected with a condom. Can I still take plan b after having protected sex? Is that still safe?

It is not advisable to take Plan B if you use a condom. Plan B is for emergencies after unprotected sex. If you take it as a "backup" then the side effects (pain, bleeding, nausea and an irregular cycle) may kick in and make everything worse.

Condoms are 98% effective when used correctly so that's your best option.

There are lots of other options for birth control, you can take a look here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/choosing-right-birth-contr...

Anonymous

If I were to be on my minstrel cycle for 3 weeks and 6 days later I took the plan b after having unprotected sex is that safe? #help nervous

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Plan B is prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. Generally ovulation occurs between day 11 and day 21 of the menstrual cycle. You may have been close to ovulating during week 3 of your menstrual cycle.

You will know the pill worked if you have vaginal bleeding or your next period within three weeks of taking the pill. It is safe as long as you do not take in more than once in a one month period, and not often. It is for emergency use only.

Regards,

Anonymous

My period started on September 5. Today is 10 and still I have spotting and I had unprotected sex. Is it still safe? I have a regular menstruation. Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes. You should be safe.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi there:) just want to ask this since its bugging me for the past few days.. my period ended last july 25, and I had unprotected sex the day after.. is it possible for me to get pregnant? Your answer would really be a great help.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, there would not have been a risk for pregnancy. However, if your menstrual cycle is really short, like 21 days, there might be a risk. If your period lasts seven days, you had unprotected sex on day 8, sperm can live in the woman's reproductive tract for about 3 to 5 days...conception is slightly possible.