Is it safe to have unprotected sex 3-4 days after my period?

By December 3, 2010 - 12:24pm

I ended my period on Tuesday and was just spotting on Wednesday as a sign that my period was going to end. Today is Friday, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He didn't cum inside me and I took Emergency Contraceptives right after. Am I safe?

Anonymous

Hi there:) just want to ask this since its bugging me for the past few days.. my period ended last july 25, and I had unprotected sex the day after.. is it possible for me to get pregnant? Your answer would really be a great help.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, there would not have been a risk for pregnancy. However, if your menstrual cycle is really short, like 21 days, there might be a risk. If your period lasts seven days, you had unprotected sex on day 8, sperm can live in the woman's reproductive tract for about 3 to 5 days...conception is slightly possible.

Anonymous

So my period ended on 7/21/16 I had sex on 7/24/16. What are the chances that I will become pregnant 3 days after my period has ended.

There is certainly some risk since sperm can stay alive in the body for up to five days and you may ovulate a little early. You can test for pregnancy if you don't get your period on time - good luck!

Anonymous

Hi I had my period July 6 and finished the 10th and I have a regular period. My boyfriend cumed inside me 2 times the 13th can I get pregnant ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is a risk for pregnancy when you have unprotected intercourse close to the time of ovulation. If your next period is late by at least seven days, test for pregnancy. That is the only way to know if you did become pregnant.

Anonymous

My girlfriend had her last period on 27th june - she and i ended up having unprotected sex on 4th july afternoon - though she took an emergency contraception pill within half an hour afterwards. Her age is 20.

Should we really be worried about her getting pregnant? We both are nervous.

Emergency contraception is used for emergencies only, not because you don't want to wear a condom or you can't wait. If you have access to EC 30 mins after sex then you have access to regular birth control.

EC is up to 95% effective when used correctly within 24 hours so her risk is 5% or less.

Anonymous

Hi,
The last day of my period was 07/27/16 and I'm usually pretty regular with my cycle. On the night from the 27th to the 28th, I had unprotected sex and my boyfriend came inside me, what are the chances of me getting pregnant? I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Was the last day of your period June 27? You were not at risk for becoming pregnant by having unprotected sex that night and into the next day. The reason is no egg to fertilize and no uterine lining left for the egg to implant.

To conceive, there must be a released mature egg. This happens during ovulation, usually mid menstrual cycle.

When you have your period, the flow is shed uterine lining. Following conception, the fertilized egg implants in the lining of the uterus. Here it grows and develops.

Regards,