Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: Is it true that smoking less than 6 cigarettes a day is reasonably safe?

By Bargain Lover

Someone told me that the likelihood of getting a disease from smoking is small, if you smoke less than 6 per day. This seems a little odd since smoking is so addictive that a person may end up smoking a pack a day! But obviously, if one is to smoke, they would be better off smoking just a little.

Are there any studies out there to show that smoking a half a dozen cigarettes per day or less doesn't cause the usual conditions (cancer, stroke etc) that smoking many daily cigarettes per day?

Anonymous

my thought is there is a significant difference between the chain smokers and those who have fought heavily and have managed to reduce the number of cigarets per day to 3 or 4 .
i would encourage every body to continue reducing the same to one per day.
i believe there is a big connection between high healthy risk and heavy smoking ,hence those who have reduce their risk of disease as gone down significantly
let one cigaret per day appear on your daily check list
finally be on a treadmill to one day quite the sustained i one cigarette per day and be smoke free

Anonymous

Even smoking 2 cigrates a day is harmful; a study shows that you are at risk of having cancer even if you are having only 2 cigrates a day; guys leave it ; I was a smoker for past 10 years I have left ; life is very precious.

Anonymous

As a smoker for two years as a male I would say that the less you smoke the less health issue could happen to you in general speaking.

Anonymous

If you want to smoke without worrying about your health or just want to cut back buy an e-cig.
Here is where I buy mine, great people, write them and they will give you discount.
http://www.shop.simplee-cig.com/

Anonymous

http://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/14/5/315.full
Here is an article about smoking 4 or less cigarettes a day. There are significant harms to your health, for men and women.

Anonymous

I've given up smoking many times and find it not too hard, however the thing that makes me start again is constipation, I just can't go if I don't have half a cig in the morning. I gave up for 6 months before and only had a bm using medication every day, my whole family haveproblems with this. I eat healthy am slim, do lots of running and boxing but that half a cig in the morning is the only thing that makes me go. Half a cig v laxatives and supsitorys which can cause colon cancer,piles etc ? I'm sticking with the cig.

cut WAY down on meats and any narcotic painkillers you might be taking, and in the morning drink some coffee, water and eat something with bran and something with fat (like an avacado). Don't go overboard with the coffee!

I so entirely relate. I gave up about 6 years ago, for about 6 weeks, and for those 6 weeks I was entirely constipated. It was dreadful. I tried everything but had to resort to enema's or depositories. I couldnt help myself and I had a cigarette and next morning, back to normal. From that point on I said to myself I am never giving up again. Anyway, 6 years down the track I am trying to quit again. I am using Champix, and have been for the past 2 months. I am down from 25 a day to 4-5, but I honestly do not know how I will ever give them up entirely. To me its like losing my best friend, no matter how dysfunctional or unhealthy the relationship.
One thing is for sure, if I do give up my 4-5 cigs a day and constipation kicks in, I'll be straight back on them again. I am never going through that ever again.

I agree with you two...am has to me, and when I get a cig, its my colon clears, easily and fully. I smoked when I was pregnant with my son, and h I good. the father left me at 4 months pregnant the 3 per day helped me carry on. when I go married and moved from Africa to Europe, I had quit for a month comfortably, then my husband started to stress me seriously, i thought my son better have a chain smoking mum, than a um who is in the statistics of suicide....I was finally able tog through it and figure out our lives again. they are like my best friend too.....they have brought me this far I do 2-5 a day.

I have a cure for you. I have had constipation for months after surgery and it's awful I know.
Ok are you ready? Put a pealled carrot, an apple with it's skin still on and 2 sticks of cellery in the blender and eat that every morning. Plus 2 liters of water a day. This is the natural laxative cure! I promise. I got the idea from a doctor and I am going to the toilet twice a day now. Hope it works for you. I am also still smoking 5 cigs a day :) I frikken love those little suckers. Dam them.

Good luck :)

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: