Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: Is it true that smoking less than 6 cigarettes a day is reasonably safe?

By Bargain Lover

Someone told me that the likelihood of getting a disease from smoking is small, if you smoke less than 6 per day. This seems a little odd since smoking is so addictive that a person may end up smoking a pack a day! But obviously, if one is to smoke, they would be better off smoking just a little.

Are there any studies out there to show that smoking a half a dozen cigarettes per day or less doesn't cause the usual conditions (cancer, stroke etc) that smoking many daily cigarettes per day?

Anonymous

Any addiction, cigs, alcohol, pills, etc, makes you a prisioner.
We are the pilots of our own, we can do whatever we want with
our bodies. Is our final option. Period. May we have the best
days in our life. Whatever makes us happy.

Anonymous

After I've read all these comments, i think that i', going to quit smoking for ever guy, i know it's not that easy, but by a way or another i'm going to do so ... I don't feel healthy like i was before, my body powers is going down day by day, f..k it - No More cig

do not f..k cigarette f..k ur wife. and smoke the cigarete

Anonymous

I am amazed how you guys back smoking! First of all, I didn't quit because I was afraid of dying early, I quit because I wanted to live healthy until I die. Everyone is going to die, it's no wisdom, it's the truth. You need not to keep saying it over and over. The thing is how you are gonna live your life until you die. Let's assume smoking does not cause death, even then, there are plenty of reasons to quit smoking. I really hate that way my mouth stinks after a cigarette. Now a days, when a smoker speaks up to my face, I realize that's how it must have smelled when i spoke to others when i used to smoke. That horrible smell, you will get it even if you smoke 3/day. If you don't believe me, ask the person whom you kiss! Shortness of breath! Goodness me, I am a much better swimmer than I was a year ago. Because I could hold breath for a long time and my lungs are doing wonders these days. Your lips and skin! Maybe you could be a person who smokes just two/day. Trust me, Your skin and lips would look far better if you threw off the two. Smoking made me tired! It was enthusiastic to smoke. But after a few minutes of a cigarette, I realized I felt weak and tired. Now I feel energized all day! I could tell the wonder story all day. Don't be fooled when people say, 'light smoking is alright'. There is no such thing. Every single pack, every single cigarette, every single puff are bad for you. We all are going to die one day, but let's live the life to the fullest until that day. Smoking surely is not a way to live your life to the fullest, the habit won't allow you to live.

QUIT SMOKING! IT WILL BE ONE OF THE GREAT DECISIONS YOU EVER MADE AND YOU WILL EVER MAKE.

impressive ..because its true everyone has to die someday its natural...but how about living healty life...makes alot more sense than reasons like you'll cut short your life by this n that years...good one!!

Anonymous

I JUST BOUGHT A PACKET OF MARLBORO AND THINKING TO SMOKE A CIG AFTER 13 DAYS CLEAR.

stay clear

Anonymous

i smoked like 16 cig per day i m juss 18 i started smoking in the age of 14 now i wanna quit yaar plz gve me some xamples

Anonymous

so much yadah yadah ,,look if you smoke a pack a day thats not healthy ,,,if you smoke 4 -5 thats not as healthy as stepping out for fresh air ,, but people have gone sterile about just living life ,,,some people are so freaked about 2nd hand smoke they look at you bitterly like your going to steal their child. Americans are the biggest neurotics. Okay you shouldnt smoke a pack especially 2 packs a day ,,lung throat and tongue cancer if you are predisposed raises the odds ,,I think you could get tongue cancer from 4 a day like skool causes in young men but chances are lower ,,,its a risk ,,you weigh it out ,,,maybe you can smoke socially only or with coffee in the morning and get it down to 3 and stay there,,,you may not want my advice ,,i dont believe in global warming , the great dangers of second hand smoke unless there are asthmatics around ,,have good enough manners to be concerned but not for lunatics ,,,learn to relax ,,have 1-2 drinks only and smoke a cigarette ,,,Yellow American Spirit cost more but no additives or fillers ,,,straight long leaf tobaco...George Hudson Respiratory Therapist V.A. hospital Charleston SC ,,look up my facebook ,,,for friend if you wish

Anonymous

People are very funny. Just because u fear to die because of lung cancer it does not mean that u will die because of that. Unfortunately we are mortals abd we will die whether we smoke or not. if u smoke 25+ cigarretes per day the chances of dying of lung cancer is less then dying of non cancer cause even if u were a non smoker. Of course smoking 25+ cigarretes per day does not keep u safe from non cancerous causes of deaths, so u can die from both. Smoking 1-4 cigarettes per day makes chances to get lung cancer 4 times higher. But that u will die of regular cancer even without smoking is ten times higher then dying of ling cancer smoking 1-5 cigarretes.. So if the thought of that 1 out of light smoker will die of ling cancer scares u think that even if u smoke non 10 will die of regular cancer another 10 of heart disease another 20 will be beaten to death by their neighbor ..

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: