Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: Is it true that smoking less than 6 cigarettes a day is reasonably safe?

By Bargain Lover

Someone told me that the likelihood of getting a disease from smoking is small, if you smoke less than 6 per day. This seems a little odd since smoking is so addictive that a person may end up smoking a pack a day! But obviously, if one is to smoke, they would be better off smoking just a little.

Are there any studies out there to show that smoking a half a dozen cigarettes per day or less doesn't cause the usual conditions (cancer, stroke etc) that smoking many daily cigarettes per day?

Anonymous

I JUST BOUGHT A PACKET OF MARLBORO AND THINKING TO SMOKE A CIG AFTER 13 DAYS CLEAR.

Anonymous

i smoked like 16 cig per day i m juss 18 i started smoking in the age of 14 now i wanna quit yaar plz gve me some xamples

Anonymous

so much yadah yadah ,,look if you smoke a pack a day thats not healthy ,,,if you smoke 4 -5 thats not as healthy as stepping out for fresh air ,, but people have gone sterile about just living life ,,,some people are so freaked about 2nd hand smoke they look at you bitterly like your going to steal their child. Americans are the biggest neurotics. Okay you shouldnt smoke a pack especially 2 packs a day ,,lung throat and tongue cancer if you are predisposed raises the odds ,,I think you could get tongue cancer from 4 a day like skool causes in young men but chances are lower ,,,its a risk ,,you weigh it out ,,,maybe you can smoke socially only or with coffee in the morning and get it down to 3 and stay there,,,you may not want my advice ,,i dont believe in global warming , the great dangers of second hand smoke unless there are asthmatics around ,,have good enough manners to be concerned but not for lunatics ,,,learn to relax ,,have 1-2 drinks only and smoke a cigarette ,,,Yellow American Spirit cost more but no additives or fillers ,,,straight long leaf tobaco...George Hudson Respiratory Therapist V.A. hospital Charleston SC ,,look up my facebook ,,,for friend if you wish

Anonymous

People are very funny. Just because u fear to die because of lung cancer it does not mean that u will die because of that. Unfortunately we are mortals abd we will die whether we smoke or not. if u smoke 25+ cigarretes per day the chances of dying of lung cancer is less then dying of non cancer cause even if u were a non smoker. Of course smoking 25+ cigarretes per day does not keep u safe from non cancerous causes of deaths, so u can die from both. Smoking 1-4 cigarettes per day makes chances to get lung cancer 4 times higher. But that u will die of regular cancer even without smoking is ten times higher then dying of ling cancer smoking 1-5 cigarretes.. So if the thought of that 1 out of light smoker will die of ling cancer scares u think that even if u smoke non 10 will die of regular cancer another 10 of heart disease another 20 will be beaten to death by their neighbor ..

Anonymous

reading all those comments , I badly need another cig ;) I dont know why , but yeah its true , I am actually having an intensive call from inside my body to have one cig again please :)

so chill , if really wanna smoke just smoke , don't get frustrated for the future , who knows what gonna happen , just be happy , do whatever makes you happy.

Anonymous

I also have experienced constipation from stopping my 5 per day. Over the past two years I've quit 1000 times! I do find that magnesium supplement really helps a lot! But here I sit quit for 24 hours, googling how bad is 5 cigs per day! It's crazy!

Anonymous

my thought is there is a significant difference between the chain smokers and those who have fought heavily and have managed to reduce the number of cigarets per day to 3 or 4 .
i would encourage every body to continue reducing the same to one per day.
i believe there is a big connection between high healthy risk and heavy smoking ,hence those who have reduce their risk of disease as gone down significantly
let one cigaret per day appear on your daily check list
finally be on a treadmill to one day quite the sustained i one cigarette per day and be smoke free

Anonymous

Even smoking 2 cigrates a day is harmful; a study shows that you are at risk of having cancer even if you are having only 2 cigrates a day; guys leave it ; I was a smoker for past 10 years I have left ; life is very precious.

you're at risk of having cancer even if you don't smoke! Anyone can get cancer for ANY reason. Word your sentences differently or just don't say anything you don't know what your talking about.

Anonymous

As a smoker for two years as a male I would say that the less you smoke the less health issue could happen to you in general speaking.

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: